What was your favourite bug or exploit in WoW?

For me it was during the scourge invasion. There was a bug involving being in control of your ghoul form, and the huddle ability. If you died while huddled, (if i’m remembering correctly) your armour increased exponentially. You could spam this as much as you wanted. The only time it took was to get infected, and to corpse run.

I had over 90% physical damage reduction on my dwarf, naked. I had a lot of fun dueling rogues and warriors outside of ironforge just laughing as they hit me for double digits. The best part is he was still 60, so dueling 70’s and seeing them unable to dent my health was the best to my young self.

Do you have any fond memories of weird bugs in this game?

1 Like

back in wrath when it was really easy to glitch a Stormwind wall and end up underneath the city.

and then the instance crash that forms a corpse tornado:

13 Likes

Oh man I used that one all the time. I think you jumped on a torch by the canals exit from trade district? The tunnel leading towards Mage Quarter / Stockades.

Never saw a corpse tornado though. That’s beautiful.

Haha I remember the corpse tornado. Good times.

Not sure “favourite” is the right word, but it was very memorable how Nat Pagle would run up to me in WoD, say “Howdy!” then dramatically drop dead.

4 Likes

Corrupted Blood incident will always be my favorite. Every major city was just a sea of dead players and utter confusion. Some people thought the game was being hacked, others thought the devs went insane, it was such fun and it went on for a full week of complete chaos.

4 Likes

It was my favorite too, I’d love to see something like that happen again.

Yep.

More recently there was another one. You could fly at an angle through a spot in Dwarven District where a chimney and the roof of a specific building met (that’s not quite right but too lazy to fix) and end up inside the “fake” buildings that are all connected on the inside. You could work your way around in there to the ramp going into the Tram, but there was a hole in the world under the actual ramp. But you could mount up and fly under it. You mostly hit DC walls if you tried to leave Stormwind, but it was fun because you could pop up in places like where the bankers are.

They patched that in either 7.3.5 of 8.0, I forget which.

There’s still another similar “fly through specific spot to get inside fake buildings” thing right now, but it’s much less fun because you’re cut off from getting anywhere interesting. At most you can just talk to people from inside the wall which can be fun if they don’t know about it.

Kazzak reckoning bomb

When Bliz removed the rat chasing tiger from Shrine. I would flute the rat and steal the tiger and move it to all sorts of places then log out and it would stay there until reset on Tuesday. Bliz never figured it out and removed Tony the Bengal tiger from the shrine.

1 Like

Mine was ,and embarrassing,is the blinking through stairs or get stuck. I would always fine one somewhere in the game.

Ah those were the days… sings in screeching voice

Wall walking with Levitate.

1 Like

There was a time when the Worgen’s running on all fours animation was bugged, and while they were “mounted” their human form was just kind of standing in their arm pit.

And as they moved, the human would swing back and forth like a bobbing bird. It was great.

Just so many to choose from :sunglasses:

There was a bug where DKs could use a macro to apply their diseases to friendly targets.

There was also a bug with chat during early WoD that allowed you to basically spam images through the chat window. This was limited to images from within the game, but people were pretty creative with it.

Here’s an example of the chat bug:

1 Like

Similar to the Stormwind torch, if you ran around the shoreline west from Tanaris, past the pirate beach, then found the one path up the mountains, you were in a ‘backstage’ area of polygonal ups and downs (even pits) from which you could glider into UnGoro Crater. Completely gone in the Cataclysm, Uldum is there now.

Back in Wrath, you could duel a DK in Booty Bay, have them stand on the boat, and Death Grip you. You would then fly across the map to Alterac Mountains, where you would land on a boat underneath the ground.

1 Like

Was…was it a long flight? Like jumping from the end of the tunnel behind Ironforge that’s gated now?

Well, you moved at Death Grip speed, which is pretty fast, but you were going from southern Stranglethorn to Alterac Mountains, and that’s a pretty hefty distance. Took you about six-ish minutes to get there.