What was the meta for tbc arena?

Basically pures + warriors were strong dps (or at least had 1 strong spec).

Resto Druid and disc priests were the standout healers but resto shamans could be good and holy Paladins were ok.

Most of the hybrid dps struggled as a general rule.

Zap, what sort of comps can a Shaman hit glad on in 2s aside from a Ret and Warrior? Are they limited to Resto or can you hit glad with Enhance?

HI, what sort of comps can a Shaman hit glad on in 2s aside from a Ret and Warrior? Are they limited to Resto or can you hit glad with Enhance?

Not really. Shaman teams were the free wins back then for us.

For 3s RMP. 2s Druid Rogue, Priest Lock, Priest Mage, Pally War, druid war
. 5s, Pally Priest 3 DPS.

Blood elf was the most op because Arcane Torrent could force kills/bubbles that you otherwise couldnt get. If you can be Blood Elf, it’s generally the right choice.

3 Likes

Could Enhance Shaman hit glad or were they limited to Resto in 2s? Could you sub out a Resto Druid and plug in a Resto Shaman and hit glad or is it unlikely?

Elemental shaman could be used instead of a resto shaman 5v5s if you wanted a 3dps/2healer instead of 2dps/3healer.

Shadow Priest and SL/SL Lock ??? or Destro ?? OR did you mean Disc Priest?

How good was the Druid/Rogue comp against the Druid/Warrior???

Usually shadow priest. But both work.

As for druid rogue vs druid war, that matchup is largely decided by the skill of the druids.

3 Likes

Thanks Dot, very much appreciate the insight.

The chicken cleave.

Especially in 2s, fights are about attrition or long-CC chains. You’ll want as much survivability as possible. That is why SL/SL is strong, they’re extremely durable.

1 Like

This is IMO my quick tier list for 2v2 and 3v3. Please feel in to correct me where you feel i’m wrong.

S tier:
Druid Warrior
Druid Warlock
Druid Hunter

A Tier:
Druid Rogue
Paladin Warrior
Rogue Priest
Rogue Mage
Rogue Shadow Priest
Hunter Priest
Rogue Rogue

S Tier:
Druid Warlock Warrior
Druid Warlock Hunter
Druid Warlock Rogue

A Tier:
Rogue Mage Priest
Druid Priest Hunter

1 Like

Hunters were notoriously awful in TBC arenas.

1 Like

RMP every day

2 Likes

Lots of PMR.

1 Like

for 2v2s it was all about the druid/warrior combo, it absolutely dominated that scene, but aside from that exact combo it was generally like priest warrior or priest lock. LIke most comps were manaburn or antimanaburn(nonemana+druidshift)

'Clone City!

Super good. I have a 2x glad sham from TBC, my other bnet account. So yea very good.

2 Likes

This. The whole non-5v5 arena meta in TBC is focused on Mana Burn/Drain, or avoiding being burn/drained.

To hit glad in 2v2 with ele or enh sham would be extremely difficult. The biggest flaw of shamans for the 2v2 bracket is that they have no crowd control and are completely reliant upon their partner for all cc apart from earth shock.

The margin of error for ele/enh is already very slim, but at gladiator ratings any one mistake or resist would probably cost you a match, it would be extremely unforgiving.

Your best bet for 2v2 as ele would probably be to partner with a rogue, mage, warlock, or hunter in roughly that order.

Enh would probably pair best with rogue or hunter as a double dps comp, or I’ve actually seen enh/rdruid played to some success on private servers if you want to try with a healer.