What was Sargeras plan if Void would hid in Shadowlands

Can he even go there, would his power level be enough to deal with that, or Titans are now so pathetic that even night elf demon hunter can deal with those

Illidan is doing the equivalent of poking a caged animal. He had very little to do with his imprisonment as it was the other Titans who are holding him there.

illidan is here just for funny purpose, my question isn’t about him

Seeing how demons have made it to the Shadowlands, and the point that Fel is the perfect counter to both the void and the shadowlands I doubt there would be much trouble.

The Eternals are utterly powerless against characters like Anduin and Sylvanas, and they’re supposed to be on par with or stronger than the Titans. Illidan could probably kill Sargeras on his own at this point.

1 Like

The lore makes zero sense now. Don’t overthink it.

1 Like

Exactly because lore is so trash - i like to overthink it, because otherwise it’s just sad and boring.

3 Likes

They’ve designed themselves into a hole of having to offer newer big bads to kill. It’s like in MCU where it went from Corporate baddie Obadiah Stane to Cosmic God Thanos.

Falcon and Winter Soldier did a good job being more grounded and focusing on the small scale again. Stories can easily go off to la la land if they aren’t grounded. Power creep happens in lore too.

One of the biggest things is to leave a lot of the background and god characters a mystery. Some things are best left unexplained. The legion was far more interesting before we fought them.

Now that we know about Titans and the Legion and even old gods to an extent they had to introduce the first ones. It just goes on and on.

I’ve just decided to view Shadowlands as an extra episode of the wow universe story

It’s a fun little side story, but it makes no sense in the overall story, and I’m just going to ignore it as being part of the main story

I agree with this

I feel like once we conquer death, the only thing after that is the void lords… And then…? What?

Nothing is above them that we know of, and whatever Blizzard present as being bigger and badder will just feel like flimsy lore they tossed together. It won’t feel like a really solid, built up enemy

This is kind of what happened in legion. Supposedly the legion is an infinite army. And some rag tag band of heroes just went in and wiped the place out. It felt pretty “meh” compared to the lore we’ve seen and played through over the years

Compare the avatar of KJ which we banished in Sunwell to little minime KJ that we fought on a spaceship. LMAO. This cosmic demon creature was reduced to a small ordinary space alien.

They said when SL was announced that it’d be the start of a tour of all the cosmic realms, so 5 expansions of this nonsense to go.

Five more?! :flushed::weary: I’m already struggling with the lore of Shadowlands

1 Like

Ive noticed blizzard in general makes its villains and heroes as powerful as the plot demands. Take diablo, mephisto, and baal for instance. All unfathomably powerful monsters that took hundreds of the strongest warriors just to barely subdue. Then in diablo 2 some schmuck slaps them around. In warcraft 3 the legions framed as having a single demon like mannaroth or archimonde to deal with takes an entire army. Then manny gets an axe to the face by grom, and archimonde gets so annoyed by ghosts he blows up.

1 Like

Just standard power creep. It’s terrible and lore writers should be aware of it. Fighting a cosmic threat may seem cool but it is basically cashing out on your franchise.

I love how TESO does stuff (and TES in general when Todd doesn’t ruin it) with OP entities. Like, when Sheogorath messes with you - there is nothing you can do directly to him, just play by his rules and make him bored so he’ll switch his attention to something else. And Daedric princes are not even that powerful

Tribunal trilogy in TESO is absolute masterpiece storytelling for a mmo

1 Like

Sargeras and his burning legion was out to destroy the physical cosmos (kill all world titans before they got corrupted by the void). If we didn’t stop him and assuming some other heroes didn’t stop him, he would have succeeded. Then the true “anima drought” would have happened in the shadowlands as demons go to the twisting nether and all other souls would have gone to the shadowlands. With all souls basically departed, the shadowlands would have wasted away and the jailor would have gotten out.

Then the “real” cosmic battle would have ensued between the burning legion and the jailor.

1 Like

Then as soon as he becomes Jyggalag(who is equal to his Sheogorath identity) he becomes killable…

They were holding off on the big Cosmic showdown until the end game of the Expansion…

You were talking about The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and not The Elder Scrolls Online right?

With Sheo i was talking about TESO. There are a lot of quests with him and he’s always trolling you to no end, with a lot of dead people around

1 Like

Well obviously we can’t do anything to Sheogorath in Elder Scrolls Online since he is Saved by Canon thanks to Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion dictating we beat him down at the end of the Shivering Isles Expansion!

If someone could have beaten Sheogorath during Elder Scrolls Online he would have had someone teleport those who beat him to the future Greymarch to face Jyggalag thus not needing the Champion of Cyrodiil to do it for him!

Skyrim is later in timeline and Sheogorath is in skyrim. Can’t kill daedric prince for good, just delay his invasion. It’s not clear what happened, maybe he just overtake champion from oblivion. Jyggalag probably could return aswell from that “new” Sheogorath insides.