What to do

Quit. It was a fun ride and I’m glad we have classic as an option, but the endgame content is mind-numbingly easy.

Eh, it all depends on the player. My absolute top favorite part of this game is running dungeons with other people. I don’t care too much about gear—it’s more about the fun of grouping with others. ::shrugs:: So that’s what I do to have fun.

However, it’s been a little difficult recently, so I’ve started new characters in retail, to make use of their dungeon finder, because I have the impression it might be easier. I think in the end, I’ll end up bouncing back and forth between retail and classic, because I like both.

I REALLY like the darkmoon faire in retail! That is what I do for fun, for sure! I love the NPC concerts, and the petting zoo, and the roller coaster is so much fun :smiley:

8/8 T1 set is for tanks so no I don’t. I have Spinal Reaver which I prefer for being an Orc. Also one 10/10 MC in one night isn’t an abundance of content. When I refer to lack of content and you reply with well you can raid once a week that doesn’t really help me now does it? Also Sulfuras isn’t that great.

Retail exists for a reason. Go play retail. Some of us are actually enjoying things as they are.

1 Like

While it’s true there is really no satisfying people who rush through content, because they will rush through whatever is put in front of them no matter how much or how fast it comes, I think there really is a case to be made for BG introduction.

4 Likes

I’d be happy with just BG introduction. As is stands now PVP servers will have world PVP in Phase 2 and access to PVP gear. Where as PVE servers will suffer from lack of PVP. And in such when BGs release if BGs are cross realm PVP servers will have some people in very good ranking system gear.
I think it would be much better to have BGs introduced in Phase 2.

Also to add on some PVP realms with large faction balance differences might see either horde or alliance die out which is unhealthy.

Sounds like you would enjoy retail.

In retail you will have these daily tasks you have to do for progression. It means you will always have something you have to do each day. For most people I imagine that it feels like an extra job, and that’s why they don’t like retail. But for someone like you who requires that kind of forced engagement in daily repetitive activities, it just might be right up your alley

Whatever did people in vanilla do when they had Mc on farm? I can’t imagine how this game was successful

Why would people camp lowbies that don’t give honor?

You say when you started BGs were a thing, well when I started they weren’t and it was fine.

Just to give perspective Phase 1 lasted 2 and a half months. I’d say we’re still at pace to have 2 good years of classic. Stop rushing so much unless you’re prepared to entertain yourself with an alt/wpvp/farming. Ppl that don’t rush stop panicking cuz another phase is coming out that literally only adds end game content.

In summation : don’t panic.

What do I do for fun?
Well the wife always has something that needs being done.
I spend time with my kids.
I watch TV and movies.
I play other games.
I have my role playing sessions on sundays and occasionally in the week.

That’s the beauty of classic, now my pre-raid is done I farm up my consumables,raid and im done for the week. If i want to play mroe I run dungeons etc with guildies.

3 Likes

Sounds to me like someone rushed and now if complaining because they reached the finish line and have nothing to do.

Alt. Play another game. Live life. I’m 56 and still grinding away. I have more alts than is reasonable, in both factions.

You can also farm for companions. Whelps, Oozes, cats, etc. Help guildies. Help random players, maybe even invite them into your guild. Run a crew of lower level players through Uldaman, they’ll leghump you for a week.

its like you ignored all the posts warning you about rushing

1 Like

What’s this talk of rushing?

If you are reasonably skilled and knowledgeable player, your probably sixty by now. I work full time and have a social life, and I’m 60 and geared up.

Classic has a lot of good to offer, but has mind-numbingly easy endgame PvE. Many, many people will quit when they start raiding because it’s just not satisfying.

I’m not hating on classic, it was a great experience and I’m happy for people who stick with it long term.

But it’s not immune to criticism. People are burning out not because they consumed the content fast, but because it’s just not fun.

2 Likes

Perhaps classic just isn’t for you. And that’s alright. Retail has BG’s and sooo many collectibles oh and pet battles. So many hamster wheels I feel you’d enjoy.

1 Like

I dont care what you say, pet battles are fun when youre bored.
But I like pets and cant have enough of them.

2 Likes

The journey to max level is the game for Classic. It was awesome.

At endgame, there’s not much when you’re max’d out.

Comparing endgame, Retail has TONS of stuffs to do.

1. Classic has ZERO daily quest. No way to farm gold other than play AH or kill thousand boars until BoE drops. Retail has tons of daily quests… variety of them.
  2. Classic has no replayable 5-man dungeons. When you are pre-BiS geared for raid got BiS loots from dungeons, there is no reason to rerun it again. Retail has M+, it’s loots improves on every higher key you do. You can replay it over and over and the difficulty is unlimited…
  3. Since there’s no BG’s, you run out of stuff to do when max’d out. In Retail, we have Brawler’s guild, heroic Warfront, Island Expedition farming for Titan Residuums, Battle Pets collection, timewalking (15th anniversary Obsidian World Breaker mount reward is from Timewalking raid to beat Archimonde, Lich King and Cata-Ragnaros), Epic mounts collection which includes the Bee mount, Hunter pets collection which includes Hati, a ridable mount - pet, etc.

I am enjoying 2 WoWs right now. My Classic toon is max’d out… 4x tier1, 1x tier 2 with epic gun while my Retail toon loves to engage M+10 riding the Obsidian Worldbreaker mount and still working on for the Bee mount.

Get a guild that does DKP.

OP you wait until tomorrow. The content will find you. Unless you’re on a pve I mean normal server then you’ll have to put in a little effort.

It’s sad BG’s aren’t being released with phase 2.

1 Like

Ranking is coming out. You can literally play 20 hours a day and not get HWL. Have at it.