What the hell is going on (lag)?

Yesterday when I logged out, my ping was around 155ms as per usual. I’m in Sydney Australia, playing on US realm Uther, it was always a West Coast realm. I’ve been playing on it since day 1.

After last nights maintenance, of which my server I do not believe was on the list of connected realm transfers, well the ping is now through the roof. MTR/Tracert pings no longer match US West Realms, however they do match the Chicago datacenter.

Once the traffic hits Blizzards network too, it all goes to hell. The game is unplayable, Ping is fluctuating wildly. It looks as if the server was moved with no warning?

All my toons are on this server, to move them would cost me a tonne of money. Am I wrong about this, or has my ISP just stuffed up routing again? If I am correct is this really how Blizzard is now treating long term customers?

Not very impressed, kind of need some answers please. Thanks

yeah im same, i have horrible lag on us servers on classic and retail they were fine yesterday but today it’s crazy… on aus server i have 26ms and on the us one its like 4000 i don’t get it…

Just curious, which ISP are you on? Where in oceanic are you located?

telstra and victoria australia

Thanks, after a lot of hassle I have Telstra looking into it hopefully sometime soon (ha). Hopefully a blue will get on it as it looks like it’s affecting a few Aussies.

fingers crossed haha, i want to reach 60! haha