What the Blood Elves should do

The Blood Elves have already helped the horde back plenty, Isle of Thunder and Draenor come to mind. The debts paid.

“plenty”, just cite 2 times and they were barely in draenor

the horde save your entire race from extinction, it gave you help when no one else would, we even betrayed our amani allies to save your asses 2 times

there is no such thing of “debt paid” they are now in an alliance of brotherhood, like i said, elves are not that egocentric anymore.

4 Likes

The Blood Elves are not the same elves they were in the past. All that they have experienced with Arthas, with Kael’thas’ betrayal, joining the Horde, the Purge of Dalaran, renewal of the Sunwell, all of these things for good or ill has changed them and shaped a new path for them. Yes they may have reluctantly allied with the Horde but over the years they have become a part of the Horde itself. To put them back with the Alliance would not make sense (given some of the history cough Jaina’s Purge cough have pretty much shot that down and I doubt a lot of them would want to join the Alliance again.

Of course if Blizz wanted that we’d probably have Aethas sucking Anduin’s toes for it (still a bit sore over the whole thing with Felo’morn and him kissing Modera’s/Kirin Tor butt for his own goal to get back in Dalaran) and would be as stupid and empty as the whole Dalaran thing. But for them to leave the Horde it would have to be something majorly bad like Garrosh (which Lor’themar was considering for the good of his people) or currently if Sylvannas really did something even more uberstupid than she has so far that was a direct threat to the Blood Elves. Already we see Lor’themar starting to step to the side of Baine/Saurfang because of her B.S.

However I think it would be more likely that Lor’themar is going to pull Quel’thalas into the Anti-Sylvie movement and they will be with the Horde as they should and fighting to take down the tyrant of the week so to speak. Having them leave the Horde either to hide under the bubble or join the Alliance is not the right option. They have not ‘paid a debt’ as Syegfryed pointed out, they are a part of the Horde so their actions are that of allies not of indebtedness. Other than Sylvie’s using basically blackmail in Shadow of the Sun to get Lor’themar to send troops to Northrend (at a time they really couldn’t afford to spare anyone no less) their part in the Horde has never really been ‘because we have to’ its more ‘because they had our backs’. The Blood Elves are just fine where they are and its where they belong. The isolationist or being part of the great Alliance Homoginization are long gone, the Blood Elves are firmly For The Horde! And it should remain that way.

3 Likes

Why can’t people just type Sylvanas?

3 Likes

Because they’d spell it “Silvhannus”

10 Likes

because I’m lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Or it might be less powerful for the exact same reason. The problem is that the enemies are more advanced, more powerful, and far more numerous than they were in the old days. especially if the Alliance keeps cranking out powerful mages

1 Like

Funny how realistically, BElves didn’t need the Horde exactly the moment they joined it. They reclaimed their homeland, time to just sit around and feast on fel crystals instead of adventuring to some random battlefield to help the Horde.

edit:
Actually come to think of it the new chronicle retconned the Burning Crusade motivation of why they joined the Horde to something involving reinforcing Kael’thas.

Arcane and Light do not interact negatively with each other. The two being in the well shouldn’t weaken it.

1 Like

cause we were all dead after siege

1 Like

“What reason do the Blood Elves have to waste lives on this absurd war. (Not just Sylvanas war, but the entire Horde/Alliance conflict ever since just after WC3 Frozen Throne.”

Quiet frankly it’s the threat of the Void itself that motivates most Blood Elves to continue. Also the Horde has done more for the Blood Elves then the Alliance has done ever ( Apart from that joined attack on the Amani and training humans how to wield magic )

1 Like

Under Garrosh maybe, but this war has something that one lacked; the actual fate of Azeroth as a planet hangs in the balance.

If the Horde vs Alliance conflict were all that’s going on, then burying heads in sand is a viable option. But when they’re using the planet’s blood to fuel that war? While an old god is about to break free and corrupt the planet? Kinda might want to be around for that. Just in case it starts to go badly.

And then there’s the other side of the azerite problem; it might be able to take down that magic shield. By abandoning the Horde, the blood elves would be making enemies of a hypothetical victorious Horde. And if the Alliance is victorious, they might be sceptical of a bunch of alleged former Horde members hiding behind a giant shield who claim they just want to be left alone, while also swearing they’re not hiding any Horde loyalists rebuilding for a new offensive, promise!!

No, sadly the time to turn tail and run has long since passed.

3 Likes

Alliance got the Blood Elves back the Sunwell. Not just Velen any more. Chronicle literally has it that the canon is the Alliance played through the Sunwell Plateau raid.

I feel like this gets downplayed a lot because it’s inconvenient for the two-faction story, but my personal headcanon around why this almost never gets pointed out, is that the Blood Elves, by that point, had adapted to living without the Sunwell successfully, so it’s restoration was more of a pleasant convenience, rather than the major event which began a new age for Quel’Thalas.

It’s a footnote in history, not the title of a new volume.

2 Likes

Blood Elves were joined to the Draenei by the hips in Warlords of Draenor to repay the Draenei.

Lady Liadrin was very unpopular among pro-mana-vampirism Blood Elf fans because they considered her a Draenei fangirl.

2 Likes

I thought she was a long-eared Human Paladin? I need to get my criticism of lore characters right.

2 Likes

“Mana-vampirism” was not really that important of a thing in playable Blood Elf faction content. The point of it was to survive and it was draining critters. They weren’t pushing down Human Mages and draining them of all their magic. If you were into doing that you became withered.
Most of the content was not particularly dark. The darkest thing is probably when you used to kill Silver Hand just to burn their chapel out of spite. The Blood Knights by the end of BC were presumably were reacting to their equivalents in the Sunfury who were willing to fight for the Legion. Being “edgy, somewhat dark Paladins” may not have seemed to be the right path anymore. It also gave the Horde more themes than just being more primitive or more malicious than their Alliance equivalents.

2 Likes

Considering the state of the Horde right now and what it looks like it’ll become in the future. I’d be all too happy to bow out and stay under our shield. But Lor’themar is pretty committed to the Red Alliance and kissing up to Jaina, so that ain’t going to happen.

1 Like

The Alliance kind of had to help get rid of the Legion, otherwise they would have gotten an army (with Kil’jaeden) in the area. Only Mu’ru/Velen are responsible for the purification/re-ignition.

Some examples I could find, but Ariël was definitely the loudest of them:

1 Like