What sources are canon?

No such thing as canon anymore the player base for the most part doesnt care. So long as gameplay works so Blizzard tossed it out years ago to the dismay of loyalist fans an Rpers alike.
Sadly the “canon” is now problem show up we zug zug till it dies.

even in the same expac.

Quest designer…make a quest to make goggles to see dreadlords.

On it boss!

And you, other story/quest designer…completely forget this happened and have several scenes use the plot devices of “surprise” dreadlords ruining something that happen AFTER the quest.

I’ve ranted on DH’s not seeing them too. I guess the lore is we sacrificed everything, including the abiility to see dreadlords. But only for SL…

1 Like

All of this is canon.

You know what, you aren’t even the first person to tell me an entire expansion isn’t canon. That’s kinda concerning.

Hello, I see you posted a thread about canon. Haha, everything is canon and nothing is canon! Welcome to World of Warcraft, where everything is made up and nothing matters, haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

Perhaps they are dissatisfied with the setup? I am aware that many people mock the jailer less for the plot itself, but for the negative effect it had on existing lore, in that the story as a whole was less engaging than it was before the big reveal.

I find it interesting that many movies can pull a retroactive reveal that enhances the experience upon rewatching, but that the attempt to do so in shadowlands was not received as well. do you know why?

The main thing that isn’t canon that people use for their arguments is the Warcraft RPG.

That was de-canonized by Blizzard.

Though they occasionally pull things from it and re-canonize them, such as Jaina’s brother Tandred.

In general, the books, cinematics, comics, short stories, etc. are all canon. There’s very few exceptions. There’s a few that have been retconned so the events that happened in them no longer happened (such as Me’dan’s stint as Guardian), but those are few and far between.

1 Like