What should I do if I buy Shadowlands now?

Hello everyone!

I started playing again a couple days ago, but this time with my wife, I left the game at Legion, so I’m missing a lot of content…

The thing is, I read about Dragonflight, and it seem that it’s going to “remove” a lot of things, and it’s coming sooner than expected, so I don’t know if farming for Covenants and all that would be worth it for my wife and I…

The main question would be: What should (and shouldn’t) we farm before Dragonflight?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

There’s really not much information out there right now about what will be removed in Dragonflight. We’ll probably start getting a better idea once the beta gets going.

Right now, the main things that you can pretty much guarantee will go away are any seasonal rewards from PvP or Mythic+ and the Shadowlands AoTC mount (Carcinized Zerethsteed.)

I could be misinformed, but I think that, outside of the seasonal rewards Udiza mentioned, most of what Dragonflight will be “removing” are various types of restrictions. Also, the need to grind Shadowlands’s progression systems, simply because they presumably won’t be relevant to character power in Dragonflight (just as Legion’s artifacts and BfA’s azerite armor weren’t relevant after their expansions were over).

It seems unlikely that the ability to earn covenant-related mounts and transmogs will go away, but it’s possible. I suppose if there are any that you know you really, really want, it doesn’t hurt to be safe and target those in particular. But other than cosmetic rewards, the only reason to start grinding covenant systems would be if you want to get in on raiding or such before SL is over.

Shadowlands will be free with Dragon, so… unless you’re that impatient, drop the $20 on it.
I would have liked to see an option for people who pre-ordered dragon and didn’t have Shadow to be able to play shadow before dragon hit… that might have been a good idea to get some people back without seeming to gouge them for money at every turn… and especially since dragon looks to be their most expensive expansion yet.