What should I be focusing on in pre-patch?

Returning to retail. Have not played since the release of Shadowlands.

I have no idea what content is even worth putting time into at this point.

I am leveling a druid, but other than that I have a level 60 monk that’s just chilling. So I got a few questions.

1. Does gear even matter at this point?
  2. Will maxing out my main with BiS gear help when DF drops?
  3. What’s the best method to gear up?
  4. Do Covenants matter?

Thanks!

BiS gear is overkill, and after taking 2 years off it’s not something you’ll be able to get much of (if any) in just 2 weeks. Your best bet might be to head to Zereth Mortis & get the gear available there. Covenants are another source of decent gear but it requires a lot of Anima to acquire & upgrade; I’m not sure how much of that you’ll be able to do in the time remaining .

No, except for…

this. But no need to max out. Even just having 220 or 230 will make things a lot smoother for you during the DF leveling process.

At this point, the “real” prepatch (with events and stuff to actually do) starts tomorrow. Those events will be a very easy way to acquire good gear for dragonflight launch. I plan on gearing up a few alts using this method myself.

Unless you want the rewards, no. If you want the mogs, achievements, mounts, etc., then that’s going to be the only reason to really worry about it. But you’ll be able to do that at any point in the future as well, so not a necessity right now unless it just sounds like fun to you.

1 Like