What Shape is the Emerald Dream?

This is one of those “shower thoughts”…

What shape is the Emerald Dream?

It’s supposed to be Azeroth if Azeroth weren’t corrupted or altered by mortal hands. Other sources have described it as the Titan’s sandbox where they designed Azeroth before actually shaping the planet.

So… can Josh answer this?

Is it a round orb? Or perhaps multi-dimensionally-layered round orb, where different realms are stacked on top of each other in the same 3D space? What happens if I dig down? Would I come out on the other side of the Dream as though it were a planet? Or what happens if I start walking in one direction and just kept going? Would I circle back around? Would the land just fall away into a void? Would it be perfectly flat, like undeveloped areas in-game?

Obviously, this is just a fun speculation post, but what are your thoughts?

It’s a coin. Ardenweald is on the opposite side.

1 Like

I always imagined it as a perfect duplicate of Azeroth, only without the alterations caused by the Old Gods, Titans, mortal races, etc. So basically the Kalimdor supercontinent with nothing but plants, animals and green dragons.

I think the RPG said that the greens had a city-like dwelling there, but I’m not sure if that survived they Great Un-canoning of the RPG.

5 Likes

Elune help us if the cosmic forces that be every have to decide between two similar, arbitrary options.

1 Like

It should be round like the planet since it’s a mirror of the planet.

I took this as more metaphorical.

4 Likes