What’s one race/class combo you would add to the game?

There is no justifying these by the lore, but I want what I want. So here goes.

Goblin and gnome paladins. Tiny tanks are best tanks, only surpassed by pocket healers you can put in a pocket.

Humans and orcs with every class. As the “generic race” for each faction, I’d let them have all the classes, making them also the generic option for every class.

Nightborne and void elf demon hunters, just because. Also orcs and draenie too.

Dark Iron Death Knights. This one isn’t even a stretch. Unlike other “new races”, they were around during Wrath.

Highmountain paladins, priests, rogues or mages. Give them at least one more class option. Same for the Lightforged.

Finally, I fully support Pandaren druids. Bears should be able to be bears, damn it!

1 Like

Forsaken paladins. They can already be priests. And using the Light is all about conviction. I always thought it would be a neat RP concept to play a Forsaken pally who uses the Light in spite of the pain it causes because he truly believes in atoning for whatever sins he committed while mindless Scourge. Anyway any class according to lore should be a pally, but I’d play a Forsaken one in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Man Nightborne and Void Elf druids ARE a better visual in my head, now I want all the elf classes.

I really dig using the orb of deception and orb of Sin’dorei on my Dranei shaman, shaman set pieces look awesome on them.

I hope we get a few new combos unlocked in the next expansion, I feel like we’re due for some new ones?

1 Like

I wanna be a Tauren Fire Mooooage.

1 Like

Can we get a legit vampire race? Not like the San’layn vampire wannabes.

I like to believe we are. I would like to see them do as many combos as possible and it would be nice to see the only reason why they can’t do a certain combo is because of how hard it would be to implement coding changes to make it possible without making it buggy looking.

But maybe I’m being greedy now.

2 Likes

Honestly Horde and Alliance are very multicultural and there is no reason why any race can’t be any class outside of a few lore exceptions like Drae Warlocks.

Even Draenei Warlocks could be justified at this point. Race/Class distinctions made some sense early in WoW’s life, but the racial factions that make up the two factions are far less homogenized now, especially on the Alliance side. While it’s true that a Draenei Warlock wouldn’t exactly be a popular fellow with many of his people, nothing in the lore prevents a Draenei from studying those arts.

Ideally, I’d want to see all race/class combos unlocked barring the Hero Classes. The flavors of those classes should still be as they are now - Paladins are largely humans, Druids are largely night elves, etc. - to visually show players of one of the rarer combinations that they are a rare combination. But I feel like this was already so perfectly well done with Monks that it’s a bit headscratching that it hasn’t been applied to all race/class combos yet.

2 Likes

I’d honestly not mind seeing all races getting every class, unless there’s some actual hard lore preventing that race performing that goal, like in Dragon Age with Dwarves and magic.

There’s not much of that in WoW, if any. I’ve never seen anything suggesting any race can’t be something, only that they largely wouldn’t be popular for it. Which is fine. I wouldn’t RP a Void Elf if I was worried about people not liking my character.

Yes, even Forsaken Paladin’s -could- theoretically exist. They’d be in a constant state of pain and agony and it’d only get worse as sensations once dead began to function again, but they -can- use the Light. The only problem I see is that I don’t know if their bodies would continue to function for extended periods of time, but this is a problem I don’t see Blizzard addressing, so shrugs

The only real reason for certain races to not have certain classes is because people think that individuals existing that -do- use certain magics their people would hate somehow breaks lore. It doesn’t. None of the races (as far as we know) are hiveminds.

2 Likes

Tuskarr anything. Shaman, druid, hunter, warrior, rogue, monk, mage… I don’t care. Get on that Blizz. XD

1 Like

Night elf warlock. I wanna look sick nasty with my mogs on a night elf

2 Likes

Highmountain Warlocks, Priests, and Paladins. The Warlocks are Bloodtotems seeking forgiveness, and giving them the opportunity to do so is very Tauren. (It was Hamuul who talked Thrall into allying with the Forsaken IIRC.)

Lightforged Monks.

Draenei Rogues. They learned from the Broken, and their other allies. Male Orcs and Kul Tiran can be Rogues. And hoofs arent that loud, especially in the wild. Maybe Lightforged ones too.

Kul Tiran Paladins. Go look at a male KT in Judgement.

Worgen Paladins.

Gnome Paladins.

Night Elf Paladins.

Pandaren Paladins. The four virtues of the August Celestials mirror the Three Tenets of the Holy Light pretty closely. Embodying all four (Hope, Strength, Fortitude, and Wisdom - literally a Paladin buff) would be the code of Pandaren Paladins - known as wuxia in Pandaria

1 Like

Tauren Demon hunter

Gnome druid (because feral form would just be a house cat cuz… tiny gnomes)

and blood elf shamans.

1 Like

Pandaren druids please, I already have a name reserved for one.

1 Like

Night elf shamans. I always envisioned them being outlets of druids that are just more specialized in the elements. Plus, I imagine Blizzard could make some killer moon-motif totems.

1 Like

Allied race death knights. All of them. Lore be damned.

3 Likes

Tauren Rogue
Undead Paladin
Goblin Druid

Humans being able to be shamans and druids. It’s established pretty well within lore now that Druids don’t have to be Cenarion Druids, and Kul’Tiran Humans can be shamans. GIVE ME MY HORSE TANK!

2 Likes

Kinda wish that you could just choose the normal human model for a kul tiran character so that you’d have access to the new class combos + heritage armor + regional british dialect voice acting without having to look like a scottish sumo wrestler

1 Like

if you’re trying to poke fun at it you just had the opposite effect

can’t wait to see kul tirans at jed’hin

1 Like