What races would fit best for more demon hunter races?

:rofl:

I totally agree with you on this!
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_nod: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

Tauren and Gnomes.

1 Like

Also forgot to add that if they DO return we might need more “Specialize” Demon Hunters to fight the Void. So it would kind of make sense in a way… even though it be more impactful is a related or relevant spec would be added with that but I’m not picky as long as VE can be DH. (IMO) :laughing:

1 Like

I think that Demon Hunters while primarily focused on hunting demons, their skills can easily be harnessed against the creatures from the Void. Who better to slice and dice a giant tentacled monster?

2 Likes

To me, it depends on how the new additions are introduced. If it’s via retcon to fit their current unique starting zone, I feel only red orcs/eredar would work in the time period it takes place.

But if it’s a future development like the allied race DKs, then nothing should be stopping any race from being able to become one.

4 Likes

Murloks have their own under utilized branch of the illidari.

7 Likes

you literally teach others how to become super good demon hunters like you in the starting questline so it’s not exactly a stretch to assume the others are also capable of doing this. outside of the examples i outlined, i think it would be interesting to treat it as like a prison sentence. the worst of the worst get sent to the illidari and forced to become demon hunters or die.

If we actually get murlocs as a playable race and they get demon hunters. I would roll one immediately!

3 Likes

The hero we all need but don’t deserve :joy:

2 Likes

Zandalari Demoniacs. From a lore perspective, I would give them the Sunwalker treatment. Same class, but the race has their own lore spin on it. They may mechanically act like demon hunters, but they are actually closer to warlocks in mentality.

6 Likes

The words Hearthstone and canon can not be put in the same paragraph.

I’m on this bandwagon but I do have to say a Worgen Demon Hunter just sounds ridiculously cool.

And an undead demon hunter sounds hilariously fun if the wings could be kind of undead aesthetically.

But no, I don’t think they should be added.

3 Likes

Orc blade masters are very agile and nimble

1 Like

They could do a new intro like they did for Allied race DKs.

As far as what races, they would probably go with anything that already has fel corrupted models. So I would guess, Orc, Draenei and Nightborne. I suppose Void Elf could also potentially work.

1 Like

Any race could be demonhunter. They just need to be recruited by the illidari.

Elves and only elves.

2 Likes

Okay I will add this - I would love to see them add funny class/race combos in NPCs. The Ogre rogue in WoD was hilarious.

Murloc DH would be one.

I think a Tuskarr Druid has potential since folks might think they’re stuck in water form. But I also think a Tuskarr Death Knight might be amazing.

A mechagnome Evoker with mechanical gadgets for wings and fire breathing? Or a mechagnome Druid who reveres life … wait that might be sad. Stick to evoker.

An undead DH that has to reapply corpse wings constantly and already has no eyes. Tauren and Kul Titan DHs that have wings but they’re not strong enough to lift them up so they run after the rest.

Centaur rogue seems too easy. Centaur monk just for the skill mechanics! Chi torpedo? Spinning kick? Oh yes!

Maybe a Naga priest of the Light?

These are things wow just plain needs. They’ve been focusing so much on the serious side they forgot the poop quests along the way!

Anyone who can survive eating a demon heart and not being possessed and or exploding from becoming what is basically “felforged” can be a DH. But ESPECIALLY ALL ELVES. Elves are exceptionally talented with magic so there is no reason at all for void elves and nightborne to be excluded.

1 Like

There is.

Void elves would quite literally die a painful and agonizing death, void + fel = unstable and explodes.

The Nightborne were in a bubble when the demon hunter trials were going on.

Besides, both need Illidan and he is no longer here. Also, you aren’t possessed after you become a DH. You become the demon.

2 Likes

gnomes and trolls most iconic cursed vision wearers.