What makes healing fun for you?

I could be wrong. I saw some wacky YouTube videos of people pulling top dps with a shockadin glimmer build for giggles. I haven’t played my hpal in a bit so I don’t know.

Just look at this:

Tauren are probably the only horde race (well maybe orc too) that look good in season 1 elite plate.

1 Like

That does look awesome. I can’t create a mog on plate like my other guys.

I’ve always enjoyed trying to make my healers look like DPS.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/nerzhul/sacredsock

Thats my holy paladin. I always try to start fights by diving into Alliance and attacking, making them think I’m ret, then slowly sidling over to the side and healing.

Thats my other set that I use on my Paladin. Its probably my favorite mog of any plate.

Take that dressing room and make it belf…

So sad

It falls apart lol. The pelvis area sticking out…

If 5 DPS can’t kill you they must really suck .,.there is no healer who can’t be killed by 3 DPS , even 2 DPS played competently .

Its possible. Then you get these whispers, especially good if you merc mode.

https://imgur.com/XGWtXy8
https://imgur.com/EIZHkCw

2 Likes

I mained a Hpriest back in mop amd that was some of the most fun I’ve had with the game and one of the specs I learned most extensively. The satisfaction came from playing vicariously through my teammates, seeing them win fights I knew they wouldn’t have without my contributions.

2 Likes

I have been seeing this a lot in BG since Cdew did his thing … if I am close I make sure I keep spam purging GW right off the R shaman.

Lol yup seeing it more too. I hate when that happens if I am being trained its GG . but if its just 1 dps and you purging, I time my heals right when you do that purge . since most tend to spam it and the GCD helps me heal in between

had 2 players dedicated to me a couple of time Shammy and druid . Sleep . purge . Root

basically locked me in survival

good times

Hmm…

I love the challenge of keeping my teammates alive. I love supporting my team by enabling them to get the job done. And it’s a total rush to save people from certain death. Especially when you ruin a duel that an enemy was winning.

And healing is so dynamic. I can focus on teammates running in two different directions if needed. I can help our flag carrier or, if the team/game permits, I can help our team rush the EFC. In certain cases, I can keep the enemy trained on me while my team tries to do something else.

I don’t know, I just feel powerful as a healer. And I know I’m being helpful when I keep those health bars full.

It can be a thankless job at times. It can feel like babysitting at times. It can definitely get frustrating at times (like when people LOS you or people don’t peel for you when the enemy is trying to melt your face off).

I don’t know how else to describe it. I find it exciting. I say just try it and see how you like it. Definitely give it a bit of time to give it a chance because healing in BGs is different than healing in a dungeon for sure.

I’m biased and love playing a resto shaman. They also have good utility to add with interrupts, stuns, roots, and hexing. And I have a bit of fun with the totems I constantly have to use.

That said… I feel like resto druids and holy priests have an easier time.

Give it a go! And good luck!

4 Likes

In randoms, 5 may attack at a time, then they get side tracked or peeled and move on to another character. Often times they just give up after whackin on me for a minute or so.
If 3-5 train me exclusively with no peels or distractions, yeah I’m dead meat.

sometimes there are dps that acknowledge your healing and that’s nice.

3 Likes

I’m really surprised so many people are talking about how its thankless or you should expect to be yelled at by people.

Who ever thanks DPS in BGs? Its very very rare.

If you’re doing very well as a healer, nobody on your team should notice you’re even there (outside of spells like Lifegrip or Tiger’s Lust). The only time a mongo DPS notices a healer on their team is when their health is at 10%.

Male BE’s unite.

2 Likes

Topping both charts.
As every healer should aim for, If you are good ofc.

I wailed away on a druid healer for 5 minutes…yes I was taunted, there is some glory in healing.

I got lifegriped last night with half life when I had trinket pooped and was charging SK. Man was I mad , but kept my mouth shut . :sweat_smile:

i am a masochist and crave pain both mentally and physically, i play a disc priest and intentionally go by myself into sketchy parts of warsong gulch dressed in nothing but my sinister gladiators mooncloth robes secretly hoping multiple demon hunters and dks find me and have their way with me

playing arenas and being sapped into 3 polymorphs into blind into 3 cyclones into 3 more polymorphs is one of the most exhilarating things I’ve ever experienced as im made helpless to watch my team die behind the restraints of being a sheep, completely powerless to do anything as the enemy team does whatever they want to me and my team

also queues are pretty quick in lfg when you’re trying to gear up or help a friend

5 Likes