What makes healing fun for you?

Looking to try out healing. Been a DPS/Tank main for years and I want to mix things up before I lose ALL interest in the game. Haven’t really tried healing, but I would mostly be interested in battlegrounds.

For those of you who enjoy healing in this setting, what do you like about it? And what classes would you recommend?

Best of luck it’s the most thankless job in BG’s…I admire all healers who willingly do this day after day .

5 Likes

Just think of it as trolling the enemy team. Remember all those times you were about to kill someone in a critical moment, then they suddenly bumped back to full health as you see a resto druid in the background waving their hands around? Do you remember that anger as you feel helpless while that person you were beating smacks you down?

Knowing that all of your enemies hate you more than anything in the battleground should be your main motivator. Make them hate you even worse. As you get better you can pull of crazy feats of survival, increasing the tilt factor in your enemy team substantially.

Healers are incredibly fun as long as your goal isn’t making your team happy, but the enemy team angry.

For a class, I would suggest Mistweaver. They’re super mobile and have some really fun spells and talents. Go into a tunnel and cast ring of peace behind you while being followed by 6 players and I guaruntee you’ll be very interested in healing.

8 Likes

I have never in my life seen healing as a way of spiting the other team rather than just benefiting my own…you have opened my eyes to a beautiful new world…and I can never repay you…

3 Likes

You can repay me by infuriating the Alliance. That is payment enough.

The healer I queue with embraces the philosophy completely. If she isn’t cackling maniacally throughout the whole battleground, something is terribly wrong. Most of the game we just try to kite as many Alliance away from objectives as possible, then stealthing and picking off the one guy who stayed to defend.

Tilt factor is so important in random BGs!

1 Like

It’s like being a tank but instead of contributing terrible damage and little utilities to the team, you’re extending your invincibility to your friends.

Paladin is the only healer I’m enjoying right now but I enjoy it a lot. I detest HoT management so it’s right up my alley. It’s easier than other healers but healing as a role requires more game sense than your average DPS, I find.

2 Likes

I like the challenge of survival when getting tunneled. Juking kicks and then freecasting in their face with a /giggle.

Get omnibar addon if you haven’t yet so you can see when you juke. You’ll be juking a lot on pally.

3 Likes

Got that shield last night.

Pally sitting at 371 in h form.

Gotta grind that damn neck though.

We should run hpal/boomy 2s to practice.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/emerald-dream/sartre

Purple mog too.

1 Like

Being a Paladin healer with 3 melee sitting on you missing their kicks is a joy in this game that is unparalleled anywhere else.

1 Like

I like being an unkillable juggernaut, laughing at the 5 dps throwing everything they have at me for a kill. Ultimate form of trolling.

3 Likes

The single most important factor that can decide a game is a healer who is playing the objectives and knows where/when he is supposed to be. So long as you are playing a healer, you will always have at least one of what I just described on your team greatly increasing your winning percentage. Winning is fun.

In addition, I don’t like giving other players the satisfaction of killing me. Being a healer greatly decreases the number of times you will die. Not dying is fun.

5 Likes

Healing can be an extreme of emotions from incredible highs to incredible lows

Best to go in with a DPS friend.

Druid: can be a great healer with hots and weaving in DPS. Has one of the strongest aoe healing as long as your teammates stay in the aoe range

MW: squishy untill you stack versatilty then you can be a monster.like all healers position is key but more so for a MW since its easier to lock mw down.

Resto Shaman: underrated , strong aoe healing and strongest survivability due to az traits stacked by 3 . longer cast time but does have healing while moving (huge benifit)
Least healer to go oom. You can outlast all other healers .

As far as why I do it , i am sure it is different for many and depends on your mindset

I love the outplay. You have these big damage dealers thinking they are going melt someone and thinking damage >all.

Its a challlange to heal and not get locked down so you are not just going be on automode rotations

Negative,
Can be boring if your team is melting everyone and you dont have to heal much

I reccomemd playing druid due to having the abilty to spec a damage spec for those boring times

If you want to be the ultimate troll healer go resto shaman and weave in ghost wolf

1 Like

Play a rdruid if you want to heal. For max fun factor.

You do more damage than feral, and best heals in game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome. Boomy is sooo fun right now to me.

Does repentance and clone share dr?

No!! Clone is incapacitate and repentance is disorient.

Or the other way around but either way they’re on different tables.

I’m gonna goof off on hpal tonight to get back in the swing of it.

I wonder if the glimmer build would be better than melee wings.

I think 2s is melee wings no matter what.

I reforged last night so I have 1x glimmer.

Thinking maybe I should go cow so we can both be cows in there.

I think the glimmer build is actually better damage.

Hmm.

I read the rubcub guide this morning.

Gonna try some different things out.

If your queuing tonight we can try it.

Sometimes people want to play a tank in PvP but as soon as the enemy figures out that you’re a tank, they go hit someone else.

If you really want to play a tank in PvP then play a healer. You’ll be tanking mongo DPS the whole game while your team ignores you.

1 Like