What made you quit retail?

Activisions god awful strategy on gaming.

Spot on. I needed Exalted on Zandalri to play the new trolls. Then realized I had to SIT AND WAIT for a couple of world quests every day to get a measly 75 or 85 with contract Rep… Yea no thanks.

Gating new races behind crap a lot of us do not want to do.
Removing twinks from bgs
Flying gated behind a massive grind
RNG

And the worse is blizzard OVERNERFING and OVERBUFFING classes and specs to keep you re grinding gear and classes.

3 Likes

For me it was…

-Classes feeling shallow and dull.
-Too much rng, with layers of rng on top of it. (no feeling of completion)
-No longer feels like a MMORPG anymore. (lfd, lfr, crz, ect…)
-Many friends unsubbed :frowning:

I can ramble on but those are the main reasons why I’m unsubbing.

6 Likes

Haven’t quit, though I’d say a lot of my burnout and frustration stems from the “weekly chores” cycle that the game forces you into in various aspects of the game, in addition to the RNG overload.

after Blizz totally lost it in wow,
it became just a waste of time
good only when you are totally DUI
or severely depressed.

Witcher3
and Cyberpunk 2077

I’ve had multiple throughout the years, this might be the final time I quit unless they do something drastic.

The first time though was in Cata. I hated how they not only trimmed but talent trees but restricted you to one spec until 31 points, completely killing hybrid specs. On top of that they completely gutted the stat system and threw in the awful item level system. I returned in MoP because the content was half way decent.

Then there was WoD…need I say more?

Played Legion for about a month. It was okay, but honestly the game doesn’t feel like an MMO anymore. There is no World in Warcraft.

2 Likes

The social aspect. I admit, I’ve never been the greatest gamer but I loved logging in and making 0 progress but feeling like I accomplishes so much because of people I met. I still have memories of these as far back as TBC and WotLK (too young for vanilla, but I played). Crushwire, undead warlock…irl military. Helped him get his voidwalker, got grounded for 2-3 weeks, came back and he was like 66ish or so. Grouped up with a random orc in VoT, spontaneously started roleplaying as a Jedi (he just joined like that, but I got on board) died repeatedly in skull rock to rare grey orc guy.

Could go on and on, but you’ll notice all these are years ago. No examples come to mind of current wow.

2 Likes

Stating they were removing flying, then gating it behind reputations.

Trying to turn the wheel a bit back toward exclusivity.

And honestly, on top of all that… over 12 years of the same-old same-old.

1 Like

I quit for 2 reasons.

1. hunters didn’t feel like hunters when legion launched and the class was hurting A LOT (this was before they finally gave traps back to non SV hunters)

2. They constantly poked fun at hunters for early legion. I remember their comment on making spirit porcupines in the rodent family and how they worded it making it sound like hunters we’re fine… With no utility at all because they removed traps, which was the last real utility hunters had from all the pruning. So basically it was a big F U to hunters.

2 Likes

No pvp vendors
RNG on top of RNG
Toxic players
No flight from max level
Gated rep grinds for fun things.
pruning classes and homogenization
DEVs ignoring feedback to the end
Gold making nerfs

2 Likes

i’m currently unsubbed due to remodelling my house. expensive. otherwise, i dont mind retail at all. its not my favorite version of wow though. my fav was tbc and vanilla is as close to tbc as we can currently get so i’m ready for classic!!

I’ve stepped in off and on over the years since WotLK. Just never got my heart into it. That they could so shamelessly kick the crap out of the old zones to make Cata was such a soulless move. I never forgave them for it. I just re-subbed on the news of the reformatted release schedule, but haven’t logged into the game and likely won’t till Classic release.

I had to really think about this one.

It was Wrath of the Lich King. There were good things about that expansion, but it was the beginning of the end for me as well.

Ulduar was some of their finest work. However they made the grave mistake of making Tier 7 with the exception of one encounter very very very easy. I think this forced them to rush out ToC which was another very easy raid tier because the masses could not handle the mechanics on Normal let alone the Hard modes. The grand finale? The raid content nobody remembers or cares about, I bet you have to google it.

I knew the minute I heard about Cataclysm that I’m done.
Although Cataclysm was actually difficult, that wasn’t the secret sauce and just had no appeal to me. It ceased to be World of Warcraft that my Warrior had nearly 400+ days /played in.

are you talking about the one where you fall thru the floor?

Well it has one boss, and was killed on Normal and Heroic within hours of going live. Still need a hint?

Maybe they should have put in an actual loot piñata in Dalaran instead…

with a swarm dot that does damage like anub’ whatever from naxx? under the trial of the crusader building

The raid entrance is in Dragonblight at the Wyrmrest Tower.

oh i did all those. hehe. even all drakes up

Talking about Halion in Ruby Sanctum. :slight_smile:

The forgotten boss of WotLK. Poor poor Halion.

1 Like

yup did that one too.

1 Like