What made you quit retail?

same :cry:

1 Like

The great option prune.

Blizz~ My way or the highway kid.

4 Likes

Everything is a gray blob. They were so worried about balance that they gave up on fun. It was to hard to balance everything that was different or unique and decided to just make everything the same.

13 Likes

No server community
Class designs are pathetic
It’s a solo players game

13 Likes

Oh and sharding

11 Likes

The “all content for all people” philosophy introduced in wrath.

If everyone gets to do everything, nothing has any meaning.

27 Likes

It isn’t a MMO or RPG anymore, just a set of pointless daily chores to mindlessly do in your own bubble for no clear reason.

28 Likes

Bad homogenised boring classes, boring world quests and arzerite farming, dead community, dead pve community because blizzard made horde better for raiding.

Classes are the #1 reason had to make a new alt every month they were so boring.

4 Likes

Not having a PvP vendor. And Frostbolt doing 1% dmg while Ion “looks at the pacing of PvP.”

6 Likes

I haven’t left yet, but it’s mainly just something to fill time til Classic hits at this point.

My problems with it is that gear means nothing. There is no reason to progress if everything scales with you, and there is zero reason to do the content because they are going to hand you better in 6 months for basically nothing.

The fact I’m 388 ilevel and have done nothing basically is just pathetic. I haven’t done a single 5 man outside of the ones to complete stories, I’ve done one plain mythic ( for the story ), and I’ve barely done any LFR ( didn’t offer much upgrade wise anyways ). There literally is no progression and I no longer want to do the content because it is completely negated in a matter of months.

Besides that, professions have been garbage for a long time. Poor JCing, which was my favorite, has never been the same since they took out all of the sockets. Enchanting is a stripped down mess and with scaling it almost seems pointless.

There are several other reasons as well, but I’ve rambled long enough. Almost all of them get corrected with a reset in Classic.

9 Likes

I’d like to say why but there’s just so much wrong with how I see the current game that I’d just trigger myself talking about it.

4 Likes

I didn’t quit Retail, Retail quit me

24 Likes

I didn’t quit retail but I basically don’t try anymore due to the atrocious state of pvp. I am also playing with real life friends who have been on private realms like lights hope who are just now testing the waters on retail. I wanted a second glad title and the closest I came was in mop and wod. For a reason too… the pvp was actually good in those expansions at least as arms and I do believe the community was somehow less toxic in pvp during mop and wod (maybe just less triggered). Yup my main jam has been arena, and now it’s getting boring and it never feels like you outplay anyone anymore: you won because you out gear or have some kind of advantage like your class is op or just got a sick buff from patch… I seriously can’t wait until classic when I’m 300/300 engineering with a 5 man gank squad in Blackrock mountain. I was having a blast on lights hope… me and my friend got ganked by a rogue 10 levels higher than us but I overpowered him to death with whirlwind axe. Their not joking when they say classic pvp combat is visceral. It’s the sh1t my dudes.

3 Likes

I cited all around bad communication, and lack of updates on classic when I unsubbed. Oh I forgot to do an I quit post in GD. Lol.

5 Likes

What made me quit was the invalidation of older content. Haven’t played for a few months comming back and seeing all your effort is wasted and everyone can now ez get gear with +20 ilvl from some Q. And world quests ofc, blew my mind how stupid that was…

5 Likes

Pandas, obviously. lol

12 Likes

the main thing that pushed me away was too many class changes…they have pretty much the same abilities but with a different style

other than that the talent tree removal, LFG, LFR, rated pvp, and theres no sense of community. don’t need guilds for gear and don’t need to spend much time at all farming for anything. so its a completely different game now. well from the last time I played in legion. not sure how it is in BFA…prob wouldn’t care

3 Likes

Expansions.

6 Likes

Nothing changed or it actually got worse.

1 Like

The only reason for me was the class design, or lack thereof.

1 Like