What legendary for Sub?

What legendary is everyone going for first as Sub rogue?

I just recently decided to go back to my rogue after 4 expansions. I’ve missed out on a ton of information over the years and a little lost. Been watching Infexious and Dalaran trying to get all the info I can.

For PvP Akaari’s Soul Fragment is currently insane, but it’s also very likely to get nerfed before release. Wouldn’t worry about it yet.

1 Like

I would say just follow infectious’ advice. Not really impressed with Dalarans coverage of rogue personally.

3 Likes

Yeah when I was reading trough the legendaries for rogue and saw this one I was like “uhhhh, what?” LOl.

100% this, but i’d wait until real tuning comes.

100% crit for 5 seconds will be devistating as rogue/mage 2’s

The 20% finisher buffer leggo might be good.

The crit one for sure will be strong, even in pve it will. The 20% finisher one is still bugged last time I checked. I am not sure the exact intention of it, but it was not working in a way that felt good to use.
Safe bet is the 100% crit one without a doubt, I am sure the other one with the extra shadowstrikes will be nerfed hard.

1 Like

From my testings on beta. The best legendary right now is Akaari’s soul. Simply because unlike in legion, shadowstrike damage is much higher compared to evicerate. We also lack the fat finisher of DFA that made master assassin legendary so good in legion. Akaari’s essentially doubles each of your shadowstrikes, and because the extra shadowstike also generates 2 cp, this allows enough combo points for a very high dance uptime when talented into enveloping shadows and deeper strategem. Of course we have to see how they will nerf this legendary, mantle will still be one of the top choices, but you will probably need to choose night fae over necrolords if you want to mainly use mantle.

I’m honestly hoping necrolords gets nerfed soni can go another covenant.

1 Like

What is drawing to you a different covenant?

Honestly, I was hoping to go Venthyr personally, I like their armor / fantasy aspect a lot more than the rest. However, I havent been able to find any comparisons between the two covenant abilities. Bonespike looks to be fun. Just dont like the “Fantasy” Behind the covenant.

Well, from a visual perspective I hate the necrolord leather armor. My dk is already gunna go necro, so I was hoping to make this rogue something else. Venthryr has really cool looking mog and I like the mounts better. I think their soul binds are better as well. That being said, we realistically have 1 option to go as rogues imo. Maybe they should buff the other skills instead of nerf necro, but I am not sure what the best option would be.
I shouldn’t complain really. Necrolord is good for pvp and pve, it just feels bad to be forced into it because it performs best overall for both.
I see some people going Venthryr for slaughter poison in arenas, which isn’t a bad idea, but overall necro is better I think.

1 Like

I agree with you there.

Yeah, I was hoping Slaughter poison would offer more in PVE. But as I mentioned, I havent been able to find any comparison numbers between the two to see just how much better it is DMG wise.