What Kind of Pet Would You Like to See?

Is there a particular kind of pet that you would like to see added to the game?

I had my own little fantasy pet, but I discovered that something already exists in game that might just meet this.

Weakening Blow is a great ability for pet collecting, because it never drops an enemy’s health below one point, ideal for catching pets, because Weakening Blow will never accidentally crit and kill a pet. (Although, word of caution for new pet collectors: Weakening Blow does not prevent a potential pet from being killed by other means. So, if the pet you’re trying to capture happens to have a DoT on them, Weakening Blow will not kill the pet, but the active DoT will, if you’ve dropped the pet you’re trying to capture to one point. Before reducing a potential pet’s health to one point, make sure there are no active DoTs on the potential pet first.)

The problem is, Terrible Turnip, despite having Sunlight and Inspiring Song or Leech Seed, is a squishy pet; he just can’t stand up to opponents for very long. Certainly not long enough to just sit there for two or three turns while you throw the cage attempting to capture the pet. Snobold Runt wasn’t really much better, despite having the Humanoid Bonus of 4% healing for every time you did a damaging attack.

Yes, I’m aware that Superbark also never lowers an opponent’s health below one point, But that’s got a four round cooldown. If this pet has healing ability, he’ll be out of the capturable stage before Superbark cools off.

I thought a pet with Nature’s Ward and Weakening Blow would be ideal. You can beat a pet down, cast Nature’s Ward and, barring some really devastating attacks, you’re pretty much set, since Nature’s Ward heals each round for five rounds. You can throw the cage your two or three times, and resume attacking if the pet heals itself.

I used to work around the squishiness of Terrible Turnip and Snobold Runt by using Anubisath Idol to soften up the pets with Sandstorm and maybe a Crush or two before bringing in the Snobold Runt for the more controlled beatdown.

But it seems my wish has been granted already, in the form of Stemmins. Using Plant or Unleash Life along with Sunlight and Weakening Blow, plus the fact that he’s a giant bag of health as a H/H pet, this seems like the pet capturing tool I was looking for.

The only problem here is, since Stemmins is H/H, he’s also pretty weak and slow. It might take a while.

So, if you could create a pet for us, what would you make? Nothing ridiculously overpowered, please.

1 Like

I’d like to see some sort of Obese Rabbit who has like 200 speed but a whole bunch of health and power. I know there are H/P rabbits out there now, but they’re still really fast. I’m talking like a real huge chunker of a rabbit, like the Snorlax of Rabbits. It should still be Critter type but it would have a unique moveset unlike any other rabbit. Something like Nap Time/Perk Up would fit right in to recover health. Same with Crouch/Adrenaline Rush to either be Defensive or Offensive. And then for main attacking moves it would have like “Steady Snap” but as a critter type move (hit 1-2 times, +1 time if you attack last), and Flurry if you choose to go with the Adrenaline Rush. So there would be two ways to use the pet, one with Flurry/Adrenaline Rush/Perk Up, and one with “Steady Snap”/Crouch/Nap Time, which is the one I would prefer.
Actually I just realized it could have a move that already exists in Trenchant Claws (Arcane Blast but Critter Type), so it could use that instead of “Steady Snap for critters”

2 Likes

There are three pets in the game with Weakening Blow.

1.) Terrible Turnip (Mists of Pandaria garden or AH)
2.) Stemmins (Ardenweald rep purchase, Shadowlands)
3.) Snobold Runt (boss drop Wrath of the Lich King, Trial of the Crusader or AH)

I, too, find the Terrible Turnip too squishy to endure, so I generally front my capture team with the Snobold Runt. I have named him Paraffin. I have him in a group with my Parasitic Boarfly (or a leveling pet) and the Void-Scarred Anubisath for all my wild capture needs.

Use Grumpy, Howl and Superbark it will bring almost every wild pet to 1 HP in two turns. Flying pets might take an initial Bite. Or i switch to the Void Anub to weaken it.

My main capture team is Grumpy, Void Anub & Will of Remonia. All 3 of my capture teams have Grumpy & Void Anub with the 3rd pet varying with different pet families

If you don’t like any of the wild pets abilities just reset the fight and they will re-randomize. This is especially useful if your target pet has explode.

1 Like

This is my go-to on my capture team ^^

1 Like

My capture team is Anubisath Idol, Molten Corgi and usually my Protodrake or Nexus Whelping.

Corgi for superbark, and Puppies of the Flame.

(I realize most people might not have Molten Corgi as it was a 10th anniversary thing…)

I wish we could get some of the unique ones that only the daily’s have. Some are way too cool to go to waste.

1 Like

I would love to see a mini Lich King.

I would love more pets that match mounts, or that match my druid forms.