What is your rogues build gonna be?

idk but I’m going to be leveling up a murdermoo of somekind hehe

1 Like

Im a bit sad to not see vendetta in the assa build but overall im quite happy

Also I wish they would add Crimpson Tempest bleeding into Venomous Wounds Talent.

1 Like

It’s a work in progress but this fits my play style…

I will wait for the sims to tell me what I should play. Choice is an illusion.

6 Likes

I’m also very excited about all this movement here. It’s like walking into the hall of shadows in legion and finding the rogues turning in quests and returning to work. I miss it in game :frowning:

4 Likes

Same here only differnce is i went deeper str 9n base rogue tree too.

I really love play around pistol shots and bte.

Cant wait to try fan the hammer

2 Likes

Dude im in the hall everyday, it’s our place of scheming and planning. I’m big on our tree, given the nerfs (if people would watch instead of griping about us) we aren’t ridiculous. Deeper strat only affects abilities OVER 5 cb pts as the tool tip states and kidney will probably be locked to 6 seconds as well. I truly hope rogues rise and discuss more often. Too many saboteurs running about spreading ridiculousness.

2 Likes

Yeah deeper stratagem is interesting and received a small rework. Increases effects only at 6 points or 7 if you pick it up in both. Fan the hammer sounds and looks filthy as frick. Carry on my brother of the blade.

1 Like

Depends on your style and if people have common sense to peel for theirs . They do that , no opener will work ha. There are a crap ton of ways to customize based off your goal in mind with which will depend who has a trinket or way out of stuff and who is looking to smother us.

Patience and timing are our best allies.

Here’s a build I made focused on making big envenoms. It might not be meta or whatever, but it seems fun to me.

https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-talent-calc/AACTPFVFRBQREgJFwZCBAACKNVYoEQUJhVRQwQA

Im really digging seeing all these different builds. Keep it coming :smiley:

1 Like

I really wish Dodge wasn’t tied to garrote.

Do we know if you can double up on Deeper Stratagem for combat/sub to give ourselves a 7 cp pool? Because that with echoing reprimand could be fun (or redundant?)

2 Likes

I would guess yes, given the wording on live deeper stratagem is “You may have a maximum of 6 combo points, your finishing moves consume up to 6 combo points, and your finishing moves deal 5% increased damage.”
vs
“Deeper Stratagem: Gain 1 additional max combo point. Your finishing moves that consume more than 5 combo points have increased effects.”

1 Like

Im hoping so, otherwise we wouldnt get it twice BUT I could also see it not working right off the bat

Thing is having two extra cp does give you more wiggle room for error to not overcap when using echoing reprimand but it also kind of undercuts using the animacharged cp?

Or having a total of 7 cp would jus make missing the animacharged cp less of a penalty and instead going for full cp before spender…

Can’t wait to try it out and be wrong for months. Should be fun :smiley:

1 Like

7 CP is currently doable in Torghast, it should work fine.

This is the tree I’ve made with mythic+ in mind. 7 CP should be fantastic for sub’s AoE. Outlaw might be demanded if Restless crew sticks around though.

1 Like

This is a first go at a speedy build for open world PvE stuff – shadowstep, hook, blade rush, – will fleet footed, hit and run and shadowrunner stack?? – just zooming around!

I’m sure I’ll tweak it a bit but it’s going to be great to store multiple builds and be able to swap something as mobile as possible for questing/world quest/farming old stuff etc. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sinthicel, you inspired me to make my own version of this 7CP Sub rogue build for M+:

And, maybe broken (hard to tell atm without all the numbers), a M+ Sub build to all who want to base their rotation on quick Gloomblade (no Backstab, because of a positioning requirement) rather spamming SD like crazy for another years to come. I would say we have some Hemo vibes here :wink:
I say we should be able to build something like this without a risk to be placed at the bottom of the dps chart next to other Sub rogues, if the tree will be properly tuned:

I think this was an intentional doing. To throw some sh…it between traits with more vaule. In some way this is the charm of an old talent tree taken to recent version of WoW - you make more or less sacrifce to get to want you want the most. The art is to create nods in the way to your precious nod to be not as valuable as the final one, but still interesting. And not entirely linked to other style / ability, like for example single target nods in the multitarget branch of the Sub tree (Flagellation, Deeper Stratagem) or forcing ppl to get Garrote to get to the Evasion.

Devs don’t want that (or they build smoke screen, one after another to hide your truth).
Hope we have more real choice non the less.

We all doing Elaborate Planning right now :ninja:

EDIT: Updated wowhead talent calc links after update.

3 Likes

It’s actually so awesome seeing all the different builds for different types of content/play styles. Great job on the talent trees blizz

5 Likes

Ambush/burst build for BGs. Very excited about DF and the new trees.