What is your Main Character's Alignment?

Neutral Good forever! Befriend animals, clean the environment, take care of the less fortunate.

I ran away from a pirate so I wouldn’t hurt his parrots, and ran from a cheetah so I wouldn’t hurt the baby cub or deprive it of its mother. Plus, they were both super cute.

1 Like

Lawful Evil. Sometimes (every time), the pragmatic solution is the best one.

I don’t adhere to alignments religiously. He’s a person, he can be overcome with irrational desires, be they petty or righteous. But overall Stern is lawful neutral and order focused, he prefers keeping schedules and honoring debts in a timely manner. However, depending on the individuals involved, he will dip into lawful good or lawful evil.

He has soft spots for traveling merchants, single parents (especially single fathers), huge families (families with three or more siblings), fishermen, blue dragons & their mortal allies, fellow Alteraci (Alteraci humans and Frostwolf Orcs), former/current Steamwheedle members, non-aggressive Ogres, and fellow engineers. He’ll play a bit of favorites towards Alliance because he was a footman for so long but if he owes someone from the Horde he’s gonna keep his word, even if it just plays into that stereotype of Alteraci being Horde-lovers.

He’s a bit more vindictive towards Syndicate/Defias/bandits in general, Naga, the more unscrupulous pirates and aggressive/violent Ogres. And while I wouldn’t say vindictive, he’s far less likely to lend a helping hand towards an Argent.

He has no issue playing favorites, but that urge to stay focused will overtake any bitter feelings if it’s required of him. So overall, alignments are kind of there in a hovering in the distance but it’s kind of blurry sort of way, but it’s not something I think about immediately when making choices. I’m more focused on the ‘would this be in-line with his character’ more than ‘are his actions in-line with his alignment’.

2 Likes

I usually start my characters at a solid True Neutral and see where their stories end up as they develop. Kiara here started as a criminal wanting to do good, then she fell back into crime, started to face her traumas around the same time, and she literally just had a big epiphany the other night. Realizing that, to truly utilize the gift of the Light, she must avoid falling into the dangerously cyclical life of a criminal’s. It’s gonna be fun to see where she goes next! Thinkin’ she might start to lean towards Neutral Good, but hey, some pretty wild things are planned.

Maybe once she turns good, she’ll be welcomed by her fellow paladins. :’ )

Honorable Stupid

1 Like

Alison is a self aware Lawful Neutral who values the Neutral Good.

She’s very much a “by the system; for the system” type in her natural inclinations, but there’s a wistfulness to be found when she recognizes flaws either in other lawful individuals or a nuanced portion of the aforementioned system that extends beyond its foundations.

You are playing it straight then. Alignment is OOC wherever it is implemented, individual morals and how they respond to what is required of them come first. It changes to fit a character’s actions and is dictated by them. The only time you should question his alignment is if it should be changed in accordance with recent actions.

Definitely along the lines of chaotic good/neutral good. He has a strong moral code which involves a lot of compassion and empathy for even those he is at qualms with, he will at times break that code if the lives of dear friends or loved ones are on the line.

Vae usually hovers around Lawful and Neutral Good, though she sometimes dips into Lawful Neutral territory.

He is chaotic neutral.

Lawful Good.

Obligatory lawful stupid post.

You totally missed a shot at a lawful awful pun.

Back during her time in the military, Safere could probably be described as True Neutral/Lawful Neutral, but I feel those alignments seem emotionless at first glance. Which she certainly wasn’t; she smoked and drank, laughed and slept around, but she followed her orders to the letter. She fought who they told her to fight and did it without complaint.

But after Taurajo, she snapped into Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good and has largely stuck there ever since.

My main is kind of a mix between lawful evil and neutral evil… I mean, she exploits systems of order while pushing for them to be maintained because she can exploit them further while not really caring about the ‘good’ or ‘bad’ preconceptions of the world.

It’s all about survival and success.

Lawfully neutral to lawfully evil depending on the circumstances.

My mage, Vanidicus, is Lawful Good, emphasis on law.

My Death Knight is Lawful Evil, also emphasis on law.

Lawful Good! I fight for order and protect my family and countrymen from the wicked Horde!

Lawful Good.
A human philosopher once said, “The people must fight for the Law as though for the City walls.” Especially for a human, that was a masterful encapsulation of an admirable sentiment. I considered myself fortunate to have learned enough Common to read that.
And having read it, how could I stand for less than what the human proposed?

Question: Is Drunk and Naked a valid alignment?

1 Like