What is your favorite part of the game?

Doing a small school research assignment. I appreciate any responses and explanations.

What aspect keeps bringing you back to play WoW?

What do you love about the game, that a newbie like me can look forward to in the future?

For me, it’s always been about raiding.

I enjoy it more than anything.

I find it fun to try to take down a giant boss with a group of people.

1 Like

As far as activities go, I tend to enjoy pvp, casually raiding, and mount collecting personally.

What really keeps me here however are the people I’ve met along the way. My 2 guilds (one horde, one alliance) in particular keep me coming back. Like any other form of socializing, the people I establish bonds with here become important to me. I actually met my best friend through this game over 12 years ago. Those are the things that really make the game special to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WoW is the best MMO and there are very few MMO’s. Raids are the best in the business. I almost always like my first experience in any dungeon or new zone as well. Exploring new expansions. Learning new classes/specs is always good. Winning on the dps/hps meters is fun too.

1 Like

The answer has varied for me throughout my time playing the game. At first, it was a way to hang out with friends I didn’t live close to. My first guild was almost all “real friends of my best friends brother and their friends.”

Then it was raiding/strategizing/beating bosses. During that time, I met the man who would become my husband. We led raids together for multiple expansions. At some point, we both decided that we had been primarily logging in to hang out with each other. We stopped raiding for a while. We took a 6-8 month hiatus. We came back and leveled characters on the other faction (Horde) and raided with a friends casual “beer run” which was a lot of fun to raid, but not to lead.

Now, we level characters together, do nerd point runs, collect mounts/pets, and do an occasional dungeon or LFR together. I’ve made a good number of friends through WoW, some of which came to our wedding (5 years ago next week), and who are good friends outside of the game. Now, it is a good way to pass the time during quarantine, leveling alts, unlocking all the allied races (finished the Alliance ones, now I’m starting to work on the Horde ones), getting the racial cosmetic sets.

I always enjoy leveling in a new expansion. I’ll take my time, get Lore Master, then figure out the rest of the stuff. I don’t really have much desire to raid at the level I used to, or the time to make that commitment. But there’s always something to come back, even if you take a break every now and then.

1 Like

My favorite aspect is the exploration and leveling. Each expansion I will slow down and quest through each new zone and take in the story. I really enjoy walking, well, running, my way through the questing areas, taking in the sights. Rarely do I use a mount on my first quest through. Then, once flying is available, everything changes.

1 Like