What is up with this timewalking

I have literally done mythic 8 keystones that are easier than this bs, the scaling is absolute garbage, i mean this is just insane, certain dungeons are next to impossible to do because of specific mechanics that have to be tanked, end up killing me because they quarter my hp per freaking tick.

6 Likes

@Turanie Yes there is something going on for sure. My whole group of five agrees.

@b.net Fix this trash please!!!

Wanted to add here that it does feel like something is up in some dungeons. I ran everbloom and auchindoun and had little issue with healing (wasn’t a breeze, but it was smooth). Just did skyreach and I was amazed we were able to clear it. A single random aoe would hit for half my health, and the second boss’ soak mechanic was just obliterating people.

Seems like some are okay, some are tuned just wildly wrong. Guess gotta stack those legion legendaries

Some like the mines and skyreach are harder than m+10 for healing. The tanks are hit for more than 50% health. Something is very wrong.

1 Like

how do they compare to their contemporary versions? what you call “heroics” were mythic-level back then.

I’m loving how Blizzard is simply ignoring this and hoping we all just go away (or stop queueing up).

They wern’t though. Not even close to as hard as mythic. Challenge mode of those dungeons were what say, a m 5 might feel like right now with low ilvl. I have done current M, current TW, past heroics and past CM in warlords, and the scaling is way off. There is no reason a chakaram from a mob should hit someone for 50k in a heroic at any level. Heroic is a stepping stone for loot to go into raiding, not to torture you.

1 Like

no, that’s normal. there’s no reason heroic and normal to be the same.

I ran a few of these earlier this week without too many problems. They definitely hid hard and they certainly punished the group if people didn’t know the mechanics but they were approximately as difficult as I remember them being before we outgeared them.

I did run into more than a few pugs who did not know what to do (what to move out of, which mob to kill first, strats for particular bosses, etc) so maybe it’s more that people don’t know the dungeons?

Came into a skyreach that wiped on the third boss. Everyone but myself (tank) and a dk survived the first quills. Hell, I stood in the full quills, everyone else ran behind the pillar but died to the adds. The dk just kited the birds around while I killed the boss.

Heroic dungeons in WoD were a joke even at launch. Mythic WoD dungeons came in patch 6.2 and TW is set to heroic mode.

Blizzard buffed up timewalking to be more difficult in reposnce to us getting more personal power in 8.3 due to an extra essence slot and corruption. The problem is, most of that power is lost due to the scaling down. Hell Visions’ minor is reduced to 10% cdr because essences scale off the necks item level and not the actual level.

1 Like