What is up with the item level restrictions on low level enchants?

I’m looking to level a new alt, but I can’t apply some of the low level enchants to my looms due to the item level and level requirements. I’m a solo player since I don’t have a guild and all of my friends have quit.

Greater Tiger Fang Inscription, Angerhide Leg Armor, and sheild spikes all require you to be level 32, but cannot be applied to items with an ilvl higer than 50. By the time I get to level 32, my looms will have been a higher ilvl and I can’t use them.

Sending looms to my higher level characters puts the loom ilvl too high. It’s one heck of a catch 22. I tried asking in trade chat for help, but I’m met with silence, and none of my friends are playing.

Can we get someone on the dev team to look into this? If not, what’s the point of old enchants if no one can use them? Wouldn’t it better to just remove the enchants from the game at this point?

4 Likes

the enchants were a precursor to looms
when twinks would be op

only way to chant a loom weapon is to be a dk

edit looms are boa can not be soulbound

2 Likes

level squishes happened, then the gearing curve happened

Used to be able to deck yourself out with an enchant on basically every slot, but they killed that

2 Likes

Yes, it is a stupid oversight with the level/stat squish and I’d encourage you to post your concerns in a Bug Report thread like this one: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/enchanting-scaling-broken-no-longer-working-on-most-leveling-items/

1 Like

Hello blizzard

Multiple posts and threads on this

Blizzard?

Crickets…

1 Like

so like bring crusader back?

if that’s what you’re saying, then yeah :100: they should do that!

1 Like

mail your enchants to you new toon. apply them as a lvl 1. the only shoulder enchant you can use now for lvling is cata or wotlk inscription which requires you to learn inscription ) wotlk only requires lvl 25 inscription) the only leg enchants you can use is mop tailoring leg enchant or pandaland lw leg enchants. Gotta get these proffs and apply the enchants before lvl 16 when your looms will be over ilvl 50

You dont have to keep lwing so once you enchant your legs you can drop it for eng. I made a post about the broken enchants months ago and ppl told me it was a non issue lol.

1 Like

They didn’t want players enchanting heirlooms. They didn’t want low levels enchanting their gear and getting stronger, some of whom were twinking and some who were not.

Blizzard didn’t like the fact that players were using timewalking gear they had farmed up in Timewalking dungeons (and the Mage Tower) and designed a new scaling system to make sure none of that gear worked and next to nobody was going to be able to use old enchants.

2 Likes

They should make some special enchants for heirlooms that work for all levels.

enchants already work at all levels on hierlooms you just have to apply them before they go over ilvl 50

1 Like

Kind of hard to do if you only have high level characters.

yes and I made a post above on how to enchant every heirloom shoulders and legs included.

Not really, it’s a leftover artifact from the original tuning of the level squish in SL. Back then, ilvl 50-60 was level 50 gear from pre-SL content, and it was overlooked for the re-scaling that happened in DF.

1 Like

Some items require level 24-32 but the ilvl from even greens in that range are too high to apply the enchant to. So you can’t put them on anything. The enchants, they do nothing.

1 Like

Sadly it’s a low priority thing so I doubt we’ll see it fixed anytime soon, if at all. Kinda lame, but it is what it is.

Edit: love your name btw

There was never a level gap when you couldn’t enchant items. You could always either enchant them with lower level or higher level enchants. Now there is a large gap, around 40 levels I think, where you can’t enchant armor or weapons with anything.

You can call it a ‘leftover’ but it’s a bug, and one that should have been fixed with the squish. It makes no sense to have enchanting be unusable for more than half of the leveling experience.

Remember that ilvl 50 used to be the gear you couldn’t use until level 45-50. When they re-scaled leveling in DF to smooth out the curve to 180 at 60, a lot of the old enchanting stuff got overlooked.

The squish itself from SL is not the cause of this, it’s the DF re-scaling.

2 Likes