What is the point of LFG?

You literally get declined 99% of the time no matter how good or bad you are. Remove LFG.

1 Like

The ratio between applicants and key holders is massive. Every key I host has 50+ applicants of extremely geared and experienced players.

3 Likes

right now there’s a few reasons players get declined.

Not being the correct class, covenant, being on the wrong server (OCE vs US), or having too low an io score. *like the player above pointed out, sometimes you’re competing against 20 others in the same role as you…obviously a keyholder is going to cherry pick what they perceive to be the most qualified applicant (based on rating) - wouldn’t you?

The early season is the most try-hard portion…it laxes out later, as more and more players get their achievements and/or get burned out. If you’re pugging, I recommend running your own key, or just focusing on gearing up. These dungeons get a lot easier the higher your stats get!

it sucks getting declined but, I think if it bugs you that much, you’re just better off pushing your own key…you won’t have a shortage of sign ups. And take advantage of the key-exchange guy when you can. (in case you get stuck with a key players are avoiding from week to week).

hang in there :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

You’re a Frost DK, one on the least invited specs in the game (only Ret and Feral are worse in terms of invites / players). If you want to do keystones then you have to either run your own keys, respec to tanking, or reroll to a meta spec like moonkin, frostmage, bm hunter, ele shaman, etc. It sucks but that’s just how it is for most melee specs

i play unholy in pve

Ah makes sense, Unholy isn’t bad at all but you’re still a barely-average melee dps spec in a ranged-dominated environment (~60% of dps invites go to ranged dps despite there being more melee dps players). Can either keep struggling as unholy, respec tank, reroll ranged, or run your own keystone, those are basically the choices

that, uh, has not been anything close to my experience.

i guess if you play a class that can heal or tank and refuse to do so, i can see how you would be frustrated.

2 Likes

Couldn’t be less true. It’s actually pretty hard to put together a group when your key is below 15. I waited over 90 minutes for a tank for my 14 ToP key this week on my hunter.

That said, you will get one eventually. Whereas you could keep applying to groups for days as a DPS with low io and you’ll never get invited.

2 Likes

i think people look at keyholder score progress as well. I’m not implying you or anyone else has a low score, but it has a lot to do with it.

As far as a 14 goes, I know some players don’t even bother with them and only run 15’s. Not sure why, but I’m one of them lol

It takes me around 15-20 minutes to fill a group for my keys, which is still kind of long, but I’m an alliance player, and i do set a min ilvl…that might have something to do with it idk.

even though they’re a better use of time for gearing up

I only apply to 1 key at a time because I get into 99% of them. It does matter how good you are. Being a tank helps, but I still get picked even though I am not a meta class.

I suggest running your own key. I don’t understand why people are so opposed to it.

1 Like

A lot of people don’t really want to run m+ generally, more just specific dungeons for items. I myself ran ToP 48 times and nothing else in week 3 until I got my ruby. I rolled my key after every run, and if it was ToP I did it, but if it was anything else it was worthless to me and I just signed up to every ToP 14-16 in LFG until one accepted me (Average 70 sign ups per accept).

Best practice would be to run all keys, especially early on. Ilvl trumps secondary stats, especially if you are going from 226 and below S1 gear to 236 S2 gear. This method boosts your IO/BIO, which in turn gets you into groups faster later down the road when you need to go for targeted loot. The problem of only going for loot is being left behind in IO/BIO. People need to stop going for targeted runs so early on. Any loot that is 10 ilvl higher will be better, except for trinkets. I lost over 5% vers, but still feel much beefier than before.

Just push keys, any keys. Get IO/BIO score as high as you can while gearing in the process. Think about it, you can either spend hours waiting for a group or you can just run a key and get your score up in the time you would have wasted anyway.

2 Likes

I have two plus monitors and better things to do than things I don’t enjoy at the end of the day.

That’s all fine and dandy, then don’t complain about not getting into groups. The passive game play of sitting around and waiting for things to happen is that player’s own choosing. They make their own bed.

1 Like

At 2.1k Io in week 2 it was still an average of 70 signups before an invite, and doing my own key (Unless it was the key I needed) was utterly pointless.

1 Like

That’s because 2.1k IO is barely above KSM, even in week 2. Dime a dozen.

IO and Score is not useless in the long run, clearly.

1 Like

I mean I’m done. Got everything I needed after 78 keys and now I’m doing 4 mist 15s a week until 9.2 when the whole soul sucking affair begins again. Unless blizzard can make some actually good caster raid trinkets for the first time in 2 years…

2 Likes

I don’t. I get invited to probably 1 out of every 3-5 i sign up for.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, some people will set fire to every seat in the house just to complain about sitting on the floor.

1 Like

i agree. with the adition of the m+ scoring it has spilled over to torgast too. i can not get into a group for torgast because i havent done any m+. Fact is this whole xpac was supposed to be about player choices but that is not possible with mete classes. what is the point in forcing people to play classes and specs they dont want to or like playing. just because my DK can tank doesnt mean i like to tank. even out classes so ant spec any time can be played and equal dps/tanking/healing so we can play what we want to play. i can see why this game is dying so fast! be lucky to make the end of this expansion let alone another trash one like the last 4

1 Like