What is the point of bombs?

Imagine your combat potions were 1/5th the value as they currently are, weren’t usable in instanced pve content, you had to craft more expensive ones for non alchemists to use, only for a large chance to puke them back up when you drank them. That’s what bombs are. Why are they so extremely restricted? Can’t we find a niche where engineers make something actually useable to provide? Hell I’d even take if they shared combat potion CD but provided an upfront burst damage alternative to combat potions! Anything to make them at least usable!

i don’t m+, so to me, the primary purpose of the primal detonation/ez-thro primal detonation is to blow open rock walls on non-mining characters so i can loot the chests. :dracthyr_shrug:

There are several nodes in the trees that reduce the likelihood of them blowing up. Once you have those filled, you can use a calibrated safety switch instead of the critical failure one. That is for the engineer obviously. EZtrow? Well at least it makes it interesting.

Again with the combat potion comparison, imagine you had to talent into drinking your potions! The talents alchemist have for their potions are extra bonus effects, not undoing some inherent downside! The more 1:1 comparison is definitely toxic potions, but there are non-toxic alternatives to those. Maybe a line of Xtra Safe bombs or something for parity sake?

Certainty has never been in engineering in this game.

And that’s fine, I love the flavor! But it has loads of other restrictions on top of that uncertainty. In the past engineering was incredibly powerful and had that uncertainty to balance it, now it’s bad and uncertain.

The dragonscale expedition vendor sells rock wall bombs for 15 supplies, screwing the engineering profession, once again, over.

1 Like

Bombs are there for KP. And wasting resources

Or blowing up dead animals and getting random pieces of meat

Not sure why you get a waterfowl filet from a Buffalon, but I have.