What is the Icy Veins icon?

I’ve played a mage for over 15 years and I still have no idea what the icon is supposed to be

It looks like a tiny frozen spider with icicles on his legs :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

After trying to figure out myself for about 5 minutes, I went to wowhead.

The first comment says “Incase you want to know, the icon is a frozen heart.”.

I still can’t figure out myself haha.

Looks like a frozen heart to me.

6 Likes

Yeah it is a frozen heart.

Now, when you think about it, it does not make sense what the spell does :joy::rofl: : our heart and veins get frozen and we cast faster.

I’ve been trying to figure out other icons, like Desperate Prayer, it took me some minutes to see it is a woman praying.

1 Like

It took me so long to figure this out back in the day. I was trying to figure out why some random blue critter is “Icy Veins”

1 Like

At first I was seeing a blue Megaman like figure in the right, with its right hand up.

Oh!

Well, that solves it :sweat_smile:

I have the same problem figuring out what are Phoenix Flames and Cauterize icons

For the longest time I thought it was a frozen fist.

5 Likes

You just blew my mind. Never noticed it at all and just like that i see the woman perfectly.

Phoenix flames is a phoenix’s head. The very tip is it’s beak. Cauterize I’m not sure.

1 Like

I think the Cauterize icon is a fire rune, I’m not sure though. It looks like those fire rune inscriptions that are on the ground in some zones/quests

I mean what else do people think it is? This is one of the few icons that I instantly understood lol

I’ve played since 2006 and though it was a fist until now minutes ago.