What is the deal with endless Ally Stomp Squads

For the past week nearly every single Random BG has been an unrelenting blow-out with Ally 3-capping, 1500-0 and GY camping whenever possible. Doesn’t seem to matter time of day, just all day, all night, since pre-patch began it’s a relentless storm of pain. Am I missing something? Am I being pulled into some scaling queue that is getting my anoos busted? I don’t care about the losses - it’s prepatch and insanity is the name of the game - but this is like 7 days in a row of this and my body can only take so much.

Prime time for the Oceanic Alliance teams. Always competitive. :muscle:
Try queueing NA prime time.

Na your pretty spot on tbh its gotten very bad this pre patch for randoms doesn’t matter the time of day alliance have premades 24/7 it feels like anymore havent run into any horde 1s yet i have had to play merc just to enjoy bgs

1 Like

Oh no? unfair Alliance empowerment?
Mass exodus incoming for SL?

They are likely doing the same thing I am, and that’s practicing for RBG’s come SL launch. We ran into ally bulldozers last night too, couldn’t even hit them. I didn’t look them up yet, but I intend to, I am guessing they had 20-30 ilvls higher than everyone else. It wasn’t one spec or class either.

I play both sides … slightly more than 50 percent win rates on both. Even on my undergeared Ally toon.

I wish these Ally premades would do epics… that where I struggle for even 1 win a day.

Its funny cause theirs a thread talking about how horde does the exact same thing. Hmmm Its like factions doesn’t really matter and it just comes down to who you get grouped up with hmmm.

1 Like

Eh… I’ve been in BGs where the opposite was true as well: Horde completely wrecking Ally… to the point that we’re literally in their GY farming them, and making them hate life.

Thanks for your time,

Chän

Alliance who solo queue have a lot of horrible experiences in bgs, so those numbers are dwindling. The more of those leave, the higher percentage of premades are in the queue, and the more likely horde is to run into them.

When I was twinking in an Alliance 110 PvP community in the first half of BfA, players in the group often started premades. It was not unusual to have several going at the same time. It was also not unusual to find yourself in a bg with another premade from the same community, which was never our goal. I concluded that there were times that there were so few Alliance players in that bracket queuing up that multiple premades woulde end up in the same bgs.

1 Like

Yeah it’s been pretty great in the 49 bracket. Won maybe 20 or so bg’s in a row the other night. Lost maybe 2 in total over the last few days.

1 Like

I’ve always been a heavy bg player during downtime’s like this. One thing I’ve always noticed in all the years I’ve been playing, is that it seems like more alliance players, play hunters.
On the horde side, a lot of players are turned off by the aesthetics of a troll or a bright green orc. The undead racial is practically worthless for a hunter, since a hunter should never really be in range of a warlock or priest anyway.
A lot of players won’t play a blood elf for reasons that I won’t get into here.
On the alliance side however, very few people are going to be turned off by a human hunter. So even though the hunter class is popular on both factions, I have always felt that hunters are way more popular on the alliance side and we all know how powerful marksman is currently

What about Vulpera hunters?

There are premades on both sides. We faced several premades yesterday.

I’ll do my usual pitch. I do 40’s alliance party synchs every night. Add me Renatawow#1785

Yea my teams join BGs for that purpose then we compete with each other on who will get top dmg and KBs. We are Flasked, Buffed, Augment rune, Pots/gliders ready to wipe Horde in the main fight then camp the GY. It’s super fun fast PvP right now. I just got execute back as Prot and stuff dies before I can even press it. Good times.

I am trying to get used to my new talents, rotation and unlearn BFA but SL PvP will be vastly different than right now. So you can’t really practice any strat or anything.

1 Like

the stomp squads is why i barely bothered with pvp in this expansion even before prepatch. Nothing but premades every BG, and it’s completely unfair.

1 Like

Probably not, but maybe serious pvpers actually are switching over to Human for the stun break racial now that the trinket talents are gone.

Could also be that the more casual Alliance pvp players, who traditionally aren’t that into pvp to begin with, aren’t queing now that scaling is gone because they don’t like getting destroyed so the only people queuing alliance side are the hardcore pvp teams.

Everyone is transferring to human for double OP PVE trinkets.

8-10pm cst has been a merc heaven. I’ve had very very few losses mercing as an ally.

What bgs I’ve ran as merc this is not the case. The majority of players on the alliance team when I merc are actually horde.

Glad I never left. On that note they need to bring back the old Human racial. In WoD I went Human for Double Dps trinkets as Prot/Glad stance.

The Stat and Rep buff as Human is also underrated.

I’m seeing a lot of guild preforms on both sides and a lot of noncompetitive stomps on both sides (more about gear than preforms). Every once in awhile there is a nice competitive match.

Lol, after reading this post I decided to Queue for a normal BG as a merc and won my first normal bg game of the day.