What is the appeal for classic wow?

I forget which Xpac it was… Wotlk maybe? But I intentionally didnt fly, a lot, unless it was necessary (giant mountain, huge chasm)

(Matcauthon) #343

Yeah well wrath was what lead to retail so…
Lets just say if they do classic wrath servers I’ll never touch them

(Sabetha) #344

Blizzard having done it in the past doesn’t make it a good idea. It was a terrible idea when they did it to the original fanbase, and it would be a terrible idea to do it to the current fanbase.

Like Shimy noted, retail players aren’t happy about certain aspects like class design that could use some Vanilla flavour. However as a whole, to bring most of these forums back you’d need to gut the game entirely.

Since you like a lot of the QoL changes, it seems like you’d be better served trying to introduce a bit of that Vanilla spice to retail.

Most of us who are going into Classic understand everything you said. We are fine with that. Everyone knows when they roll pally they are going Holy in raids. Thats fine for them. Based on all your posts, you seem to have this idea in it that the people who have been asking for classic have no idea what they are asking for, and that they want classic content but BFA everything else…

(Matcauthon) #346

Which quality of life makes it and which doesn’t?
Who decides whats good and bad?

Sometimes NOT getting what you want is a good thing, sometimes things being Inconvenient is a good thing. That is what makes vanilla wow special, you conform to the game, the game doesn’t conform to you.

That’s the inherent issue w/ being a long timer. You like a bands 1st album… then eh…

Look at this. I was researching.

At BlizzCon 2018, we talked about how we plan to keep loot trading in World of Warcraft Classic. We added loot trading in Wrath of the Lich King to solve a common problem: a player could accidentally loot an item meant for another player or give it to the wrong person using Master Loot. They would then have to contact Blizzard to get the item moved to the intended recipient, which might take days. We wanted to keep loot trading in WoW Classic because the end result is the same – the correct person gets the item – and it’ll save everyone time.

See? You can inject some common sense QOL into classic without destroying it.

(Matcauthon) #350

Except that loot trading faced backlash so much that blizzard has decided to minimize its inclusion.

It’s literally unwanted by most the playerbase because it causes other issues.

One raid is not the entire game.

Maybe you shouldn’t make sweeping statements about how “Vanilla isn’t hardcore” then…

It’s not a sweeping statement, it’s a fact. Vanilla wasn’t hardcore compared to the other MMOs out at the time. As I said, go read the old reviews about how much easier leveling is, etc.

Classic will take more time that Current given all the old mechanics, including things like drop rates. And the amount of knowledge available will lessen that somewhat. Classic will not be an insurmountable barrier conquered only by the few.

Oh, I see. You’re intentionally ignoring the actual topic to make a statement without factoring the basis for it into the statement.

You’re not saying that Classic is less hardcore than Retail. You’re saying that Everquest was more hardcore than WoW. Which while technically true…

… has no relevance to the conversation at hand, and until pressed on it, you felt no need to correct anyone’s misconception.

/roll for troll 1-100

In wow hardcore means time investment, and group/guild coordination… no one thinks game mechanics in wow are hard, especially vanilla wow. Once you see something you can learn it and adapt fairly quickly if you are paying attention.

I agree. There is far too much bashing for my taste. Just because a person prefers one game over another doesnt make them invalid.

I prefer Classic. Some really good friends of mine prefer Retail. Doesnt make them stupid, it just makes them different.

Terrible luck for you then, because it dropped so frequently in our BWL’s we started bringing people to sell them lol.

(Calciumplus) #359

I was just over in the general forums and saw this meltdown.

I posted in the thread that I though this was good for the game and was immediately attacked with a sarcastic post saying that perhaps if I thought it was better for immersion I’d also like instant teleportation to dungeons and BGs removed.

Yes. Yes I would.

(Truxton) #360

There are hundreds of threads already asking this with countless answers including “everything”.

It may be a recreation, but they are definitely using a lot of the legacy code-base and it’s very authentic.

(Feuerhuf) #362

Necro alert