What is in the new EULA change?

Even if they read it they are unlikely to fully understand it.

1 Like

Khlause, do you realize who it is that you accuse, old friend? lol…

And yes, I read everything carefully…

2 Likes

They own our souls, believe it or not.

1 Like

It’s not that it’s hard to understand. It’s just written with kanguage open enough for them to make quick use of it.

I know the one who gazes, <3

Was speaking more generally about the population of the players, not specifically your self.

I bet they just wanted people to read it. Bsed on what I’m reading here, many people have never read them.

The amount of people who read any of the stuff is the same amount people on Classic.
Barely no one.

TBH, I’ve never read the whole thing, but I did read to the part where it said that Blizzard now owns your soul. Followed by, “FOR THE HORDE”

Beware the “Human Centipede” clause.

3 Likes

Accept [Twisted Hatred] and [Ferocitas the Dream Eater] from Talonkai Swiftroot.
Jump off building
Disconnect before hitting the ground.
Must read new EULA before logging in again.
Immediately disconnected upon login to same character.
Character can be seen ‘levitating’ off the ground (from another character in Teldrassil).
Attempt to use ‘Move Character’ feature (to Westfall)
Affected character is now moved to the gates of Stormwind.
Immediately disconnected upon login to same character.

Apparently the new EULA states that you cannot jump off buildings anymore.

2 Likes

Basically says you cant ask for refunds for boosts when they unleash new servers and cant sue them if you cant play your realm because its too ‘full’

1 Like

How about if we each take one word and report back here?

I’ll start:

“The”

So far, so good…

I used the wayback machine to look at the old version of the EULA and run a comparison to the new version with my favorite text editor (online services can do this too). Looks like a bunch of minor legalese for the most part, however there was a substantial change to what is defined as cheating. They also removed the support email and instead replaced it with a web form URL.

6 Likes

Also something about trial accounts. my son had one connected to mine and when he attempts to log in now it takes him the the subscription page?

Isn’t that a requirement to play retail nowadays?

They are written by lawyers for other lawyers, and I think they usually only come into play when someone tries to sue the company. That’s when the Blizzard lawyer points to the EULA and says, uh, no, your client can’t sue us for that because he voluntarily signed this EULA saying that he understood that X was going to happen and was totally okay with it.

Here’s hoping that there are people whose lives are about making mountains out of molehills take on the task of getting the FTC to make these EULA readable. Chances are slim though as even the effort to make financial ToS readable have failed over the past 50 years.

Do you always agree to things without reading? If so, I have a few properties for sale for real cheap.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.