What is destro lock like?

I’ve actually played Arcane mage since TBC, I am not a high end player by any means. But coming with dragonflight I think I want to spread my wings a bit and try Destro lock for a change. Obviously I am a big spellcaster fan which is why I’m going with another caster, and I prefer the direct-damage casting of destro over affl or demo. Or at least that is how I precieve the specs to work?

Basically, I just want to know how to class “feels”, is it fun and flavorful? I don’t care about numbers so much since they change every patch anyway. I just want to know how destro locks feel about their main spec of choice?

Fairly simple builder spender. Chaos bolt for single target and cleave. Rain of fire for aoe. Go a different way with cataclysm and demo fire but that path doesn’t synergize as well with our current legendary. Could be good in DF.

I love it. It’s simple but effective and has some nice visuals.

1 Like

It has a tree build for ST and AoA with the talent to cause more cleave to adds when using havoc it’s looking great.

I would say destro has tons of flavor and is easier to play then arcane to me at least.

Just put on your fire dots build soulshard and spend on chaos bolt. Getting green fire quest to blast with fel fire is great flavor if you love lime Skittles!

We look to be in a very good place in SF my main destro with demo.

Demo will have about 4 or 5 builds and all are fun. The hard part of lock is deciding to play demo or destro because both are super flashy flavorful fun.l!

I been trying the zoo build for demo and it’s a hoard of demons most ever! Be careful, you play it you may get like it more then destro but the beauty of lock you can play both.

Affliction I can’t comment on as it seems it’s been more buggy then not least what I been hearing but tbh not a fan of the dot spec unless I’m in a mood for it.

All in all as a guy who finds it hard to main anything…I’m full in on warlock for DF!

3 Likes