What is a Sunday post?

Hello all, I hope you are all well and enjoying your weekends. In many of my threads I have noticed a rather unusual phenomenon. I have observed multiple posters tell me that “this is not sunday” and “typical sunday post” whenever I have made a thread. I urged one such poster to clarify her post and she adamantly refused, claiming that I “knew” what it meant. As you can see, I only recently started posting on the general discussion forums as I have amassed a measly 216 posts. So obviously, I could not possible know what she meant.

Is it more beneficial to post on Sundays in some way? Will my posts and threads be seen and responded to by more members of the community? Are there certain posters who are only able to view and post on the forums on Sundays? And is this something that is done with inclusion in mind so those posters do not feel left out? Kindly explain what Sunday posts are, as I often post on days that are not Sunday. I may find it difficult to post on Sundays, although I have not considered myself religious or beholden to any organized faith in recent years, I have made a show of going to church mass on Sundays in order to ingratiate myself with my local community.

Unfortunately I have developed something of a negative reputation with my community and my wife has suggested we try to attend church to try and repair the exceedingly poor relations we have with the neighborhood. I am certain it will be a success, but I should probably abstain from telling the good churchgoing folk of my parish that I have collected and studied a wide variety of religious scriptures and have found them all wanting. Apparently I am seen as something of a quarrelsome fellow by much of the neighborhood, and my formidable wife’s reputation is little better.

My schedule may only allow me to post sparingly on Sundays, so for this I apologize to posters who may ask me to post on Sundays instead.

It is possible that the “sunday post” phenomena is not a real thing at all and is simply a perverse and irksome tactic employed by hooligans when they are engaged in the derailment of threads.

Thank you.

4 Likes

a sunday post is one that is typically made on sundays but can theoretically be made any day of the week

3 Likes

Wait… scans post for unusual font sizes

I have my eye on you.

4 Likes

a Sunday post HAS TO be made on a Sunday. this is NOT up for debate!

6 Likes

I see. Is there a particular reason why Sundays are singled out? I have never seen someone say, “this is a Saturday post” or, “post this on a weekday”? Tomorrow is Sunday, I shall have to make time to vigilantly scour the forums for threads made on Sunday and compare them with threads made on other days and report my findings.

Sir, this is not meant to be a debate, but a simple query I have put forth. I am a rather inquisitive fellow so you can expect more threads and posts like this in the coming days and weeks.

don’t let them do you like that!

it’s been sunday in australia for over 12 hours.

those silly people need to learn that their tiny corner of the world isn’t the center of the universe!

3 Likes

Yes.

No, but the people who do respond will be more entertaining.

Oh, nothing is left out on Sundays. NOTHING.

It’s something you think happens other days of the week, but really is a Sunday thing. Like Sunday drivers.

1 Like

do it! become the trailblazer you were always meant to be

4 Likes

if you’d be more consistent and not be quite so obvious you could be the next popular forum troll. there’s a few things i could point to that give it away. mostly though i admire your effort.

1 Like

You can’t do it on Saturdays thou. Saturdays already have a official motif.

And sorry mon, demz da rules.
evil grin

1 Like

I still suspect he is another well known forum troll…
Something about his wording… seems… familiar…

I see. Thank you Hippeaux, I will admit I am no closer to understanding what a Sunday post is but I appreciate your post nonetheless.

Apparently, I have already been told I cannot “do it” on any day that is not Sunday, so I am not surprised that Saturdays are not granted an exception.

Sunday post = posting the dumbest thing that comes to mind

Welll duh !!! a post made on Sunday

1 Like

Saturday’s are alright for fighting…

Maybe trolling tuesdays? it sounds better than Trolling Thursdays… Thursdays just doesn’t roll well off the tongue with the word trolling.

Dumbest thing that comes to mind… Conor McGregor is the GOAT in the UFC. (steps back and sees if anyone gets upset)

It is UNACCEPTABLE that HUMANS get a 10% buff to reputation! I don’t want to play a human! They are boring! But if I want to be competitive with reputation gains, I have to race change my vulpera mage to human! This is not fair! This is not choice! This is forced upon us!

I DEMAND DEPLOMACY GETS NERFED

As a GENUINE NEW PLAYER I cannot catch up if I don’t play a human!

^ That’s an example of a Sunday thread. I don’t have the stamina to make it longer.

4 Likes

I thought that was a example of a Preheat thread lol.

1 Like

Is there a difference?

2 Likes

I assure you sir, your suspicions are completely unfounded and false. In time you may regret your words.

I see. Thank you for the explanation, I admit it is rather wounding and disheartening to hear that posters have found some of my threads and posts to fall under the so called “Sunday post umbrella”. I shall have to make more of an effort to cordially engage in dialogue with my fellow posters.