What is “respect my time”?

What does it mean to YOU (Yourself)? And in game activities.

And overall what does it truly mean in the grand scheme of things?

5 hours worth of dungeons and bad rng does not respect my time. Creation catalyst respected my time.

2 Likes

It’s a meme. It means whatever the poster wants to twist it into meaning at the time.

4 Likes

Its means "Disrespect your time " as yours is not mine,

Considering I play this game as a way to waste time, it’s meaningless to me.

1 Like

It’s only a meme because the devs say something like ‘respect people’s time’ then make content that absolutely does not.

I have been playing wow for 17 years and i understand rng is the name of the game. But seriously, I’m not a teenager anymore. I got other things to do than run dungeons all day

1 Like

It means please don’t talk to me just because I’m online. I have social anxiety and get distracted easily, I’m not focused on stuff.

It means world quests and activities aren’t required every day but it also means they don’t give away the gear I earned in S1 from easy quests in S2

1 Like

Then do those things? Nobody is forcing you to play this game. If your priorities in life have changed in the last 17 years, that’s fine and normal, but asking that the game change to suit your free time is not reasonable.

I did my hardcore raiding back in WotLK. I don’t have time for that nonsense anymore either, so I find other things in the game that I enjoy.

1 Like

I’d be inclined to agree with you, but I’ve learned over the years that people who would agree with you actually dont have other things to do.

Interesting question. For me my core WoW gameplay is to level up and start filling gear slots with higher level items until I hit my maximum. And enjoy pressing my class abilities and see them increase in power while doing that. Strangely, everything besides that feels like a chore, even if that too contributes to power.

Thats a great marketing campaign for blizz! They can buy add space and tell people that if you dont raid/M+/PVP you might as well not spend money with them. That should get attention!

After X hours the game doesnt say eff you

“Respect my time” in this forum usually means “Why can’t I start the expansion fully geared out, skip all quests and go straight to Mythic+ or Raids?”.

Lay it on the line.

Don’t waste my time.
You got no right to make me wait.

It means not removing the flight whistle or nerfing the goblin glider. Also giving me a badge towards gear when I don’t get loot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The removal of some basic qol features should be reconsidered and brought back into the fold. Understandably everything can’t be active all the time (people would be mass pulling and dropping a tree disguise), it would open up a whole toolbox of griefing, but I digress.

Overall I can’t complain too much about how the game wastes my time while I’m wasting my time playing. It would just be nice to have some ‘lost to the expansion’ helpful features become the standard.

Simple: The Carrot is not on a stick it’s on a plate…

1 Like

nobody that plays MMOs has any respect for their time. not really.

2 Likes

Like every buzzword or phrase it has a different meaning depending on the person.

To me it means not having to log in every single day just to be competitive

To me it means adding “extra” to an activity to the point you are spending more time doing something else than the thing you are there to do.

Raiding is a good example of this. You spend way more time doing everything else than you do actually killing bosses. Obviously some people like this, but I would rather have 0 trash. I’m there to kill bosses for a small chance at loot, and then I want to do something else.