@ what ilvl/cloakllvl

can i start to solo run visions? and what spec should i begin solo’s.

What level of vision completion are we talking?

well right now my cloak is rank 3 my ilvl is 435 and id like to solo run rather than queue

You could totally just do them on your own. I would just focus on ranking up your cloak with runs first. I think you can spam main boss only to get to like rank 5 or something. By then you’ll have enough sanity drain reduction to start doing the side areas. Make sure you get the research upgrades that benefit solo running first (left side of the tree).

Any spec works, mage is awesome for visions imo. Looks like you’re frost now so I would just stick with that if that’s what you’re most comfortable with. Any of the frost builds work nicely. Good luck!

You can always run them solo. As a Frost Mage I had a tough time with Thrall early on, so you may find Stormwind to be easier. But in general your ability to do Visions will be more limited by your ability to handle sanity loss, helped mostly by your cloak lvl, progress in the research tree (Elite Extermination and Gift of the Titans are big ones), and using potions/Kebabs as much as possible and knowing when and what to pull. Of course your knowledge of Visions, ability to handle mechanics, and ilvl will matter, too.

Any spec can solo up to 5 easily. Just invi > run to the guards outside the final boss room, poly 1, deal with the other and repeat on the poly-ed add. Remember you can Ice Block a fear & Blink out of a stun if you get caught. Time Warp final boss and just use everything you’ve got in your burst kit. Alleria is very easy if you’re ranged.

For the other areas, it’s honestly less about your damage output and more about your sanity loss. If you have Ghastly Goulash and the HP% potion or the Damage Reduction potion nothing will really damage you enough to outright kill you, you’ll probably only die if you really screw up mechanics or if your sanity runs out just because your cloak isn’t geared enough.

I’d say Arcane is the best for visions since your ability to quickly burst down a boss is better than Frost/Fire. Fire can easily do it once geared enough. Frost isn’t bad, but remember most (if not all) the elites in visions cannot be slowed or frozen so you might panic if you were relying on that strat. But if anything can be frozen, then Glacial Spike + pet Freeze will usually easily eliminate whatever 2 targets you hit.