What if world buffs were disabled for naxx

Just an interesting thought. I really am curious as to see how progression would pan out for guilds, how long it takes to clear, and if there would be unexpected road blocks.

11 Likes

A lot of private servers would disable wbuffs for the first 2 weeks when a new phase w/ a dungeon was introduced. I really liked this, but it wont happen in classic.

4 Likes

This is basically what 90% of private servers did. The instance is very blatantly not tuned for world buffs.

8 Likes

Thankfully these are legit servers and not the thief servers

9 Likes

good thing blizzard isnt as close minded as you

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure they’re about to make wild changes to copy theif servers a year+ in

4 Likes

Imagine being thankful for the world buff meta lmao

20 Likes

Feel free to click off the world buffs anytime you feel the urge

10 Likes

I find enjoyment in challenging myself to beat myself in performances from week to week. WBs offer me the ability to push more so I find enjoyment in them.

I’m fine with people opting out of them and playing their way but changing the game and forcing others hands to play your way would be wrong. Also asking blizzard to copy theifs is odd.

2 Likes

#bufflife is serious bro.

2 Likes

Are you somehow unable to parse if world buffs don’t exist?

They’re the reason Classic exists but ok.

9 Likes

I mean, your last AQ raid you wiped on visc after a 3 hour raid, that isn’t ideal. Maybe get some world buffs champ.

4 Likes

More of a range, more to reach for with WBs. I can see you don’t enjoy that aspect of the game and that’s perfectly fine

3 Likes

Nerds who go straight to warcraftlogs. com after seeing your forum comment are so weird, man.

7 Likes

Agreed, it’s a need for self-validation in a video game. Rather sad existences.

7 Likes

its already possible to do that on every dungeon/raid you get in

just right click your buff

5 Likes

You all wanted #NoChanges, now live with it. World Buffs weren’t removed until 2.1, ergo they were still around in 1.12.

1 Like

Can you explain this to me a little bit please? How is there “more of a range…” with world buffs? Especially with a rogue, who has a very simple rotation, its very easy to get to your peak performance and world buffs would only provide a superficial increase in numbers. Whereas if you play a warrior bad RNG can have a big negative impact on your dps and world buffs allow you to dramatically improve the RNG.

600-750

Vs

800-1300

#s IS the game and rogues also have rng in their rotation that can impact their performance. Backstab scales amazing with the extra crit WBs provide. I have no idea what warriors have to do with this though. This is simply me vs me.

1 Like

Yeah it wasn’t relevant at all. How weird of me.

1 Like