Delete please

change bad.

Oh boy, I got a 15 Nohkud I can’t wait for

Grievous, X, Thundering
Grievous, Spiteful
Grievous, Bursting

Simply moving causes grievous? Settle down, Satan.

That sounds incredibly unpleasant.

3 Likes

I just don’t think that 30-40 minutes of thinking intently about your every move would be fun. Doing that dungeon after dungeon seems like it would be taxing.

While I can’t really define it, I would much rather that affixes be enjoyable to engage.

Thundering could have been something simple like standing within 5 yards of another player creates a link. The more players linked the greater the boost, while players who aren’t linked receive no bonus.

1 Like

You basically took grevious and made it worse. Dps alrdy has a problem moving out of mechanics and now u promote them standing in place.

1 Like

My guy why is your pfp drowning in lava you need a frost elemental

This change for Grievous would make it utterly insane to pair with nearly every other affix.

Bolstering requires kiting on big pulls.
Spiteful requires kiting shades.
Sanguine requires moving out of pools, yourself and enemies.
Storming is a constant stream of moving, or forced movement if hit.
Quaking requires everyone spreading from each other.
Explosive requires you to move to them (if melee).
Raging can require kiting if not enough dispels.
Volcanic, though inconsequential, requires movement.

And, finally, Thundering requires a lot of movement to manage properly and effectively.

Even though Grievous can’t pair with Quaking/Storming/Explosive/Volcanic, it just goes to show that there’s no realistic way to have it be like this. Also, it would further cripple key progress, since you’re all standing in place waiting for combat to drop off (presuming the movement penalty doesn’t apply out of combat as well).

to be clear, it could of dealt the same damage while moving as it does now, but only ticks if moving. While yes it would suck on some mechanics, overall you would still take less damage.

but whatever, change bad.

I don’t think anyone is resisting change for the sake of it. What you suggested punishes players for merely existing in the instance.

Your very presence and the most basic game command, the W key, would be your enemy.

I would hate that after a while.

Lmao, well at least I am glad to know you are not a wow dev. That sounds absolutely terrifying.

This would either be a) extremely punishing to players who follow mechanics or b) extremely abused by tapping your movement keys. You would not be taking less damage. Grievous is able to be controlled by any heal, doesn’t have to be a healer. Any class with a self heal can currently help control pressure on a healer by healing themselves when it’s necessary. Moving you’re taking damage from following mechanics with your change. Currently grievous you could follow mechanics while also using your self healing ability to remove it.

The only way I could potentially see this as a potential change is if it’s (2 seconds) of (continuous motion) causes (physical damage% based on health - stacking up to 3) and reduced by armor/spells and counter-able by (direct heals remove stacks of grievous).

There is a lot of potential for changing affixes but making it MORE punishing for following mechanics is not the way to implement it.