What if Blizzard increased sub price and was able to push for better content like previous expansions

Will you support that?

And by better content I mean;

Less grind systems that forces players to remain subscribed
More dungeons/raids
More and bigger areas/zones etc
More new talents
More PVP BG/Arena
More patches

So on…

Please note this is only hypothetical question. I am in no mean encouraging increased subs. I just wonder what you guys think about it.

5 Likes

Yeah but they once made better content with less sub fee.

61 Likes

You are 100% correct.

However now everything price is higher?

1 Like

They literally said majority of their devs are working on other things. I expect this expansion to be crap as well

27 Likes

If sub prices went up, I pretty much would ditch this game

Already more expensive than the majority

26 Likes

They don’t need more money to focus on content.

It’d be nice if they hired people to actively take part in the community. Talk with players more, on forums, in realms, maybe be there in game to play with us. It could be fun. Why not?

Why not play with the players? And just have low level employees do it, so if they mess up you can punish or fire them and it’s not some huge loss to the company.

This is my view at least. I’m like an NPC providing some guidance and friendship to the people in my guild. I wish Blizzard had something like that, official company guilds, but I guess the players can just provide them themselves for now.

9 Likes

Even if they actually delivered? Probably not. Paying for a full-priced game every expansion + a $15 monthly subscription fee is enough.

I don’t even know if they increased the cost of the monthly subscription that that money would go towards making the game better. I imagine it would only help sustain the status quo of the current business model.

13 Likes

I’m fine with minor increase in sub fee as long as the base game will be included in that said sub fee and no player has to buy future expansions.

1 Like

The reason we don’t have more content isn’t for lack of money.

35 Likes

Look, the only way I’d accept a sub increase is if blizzard had a complete restructuring getting rid of every single person that holds creative decision making for this game in any capacity. And if they started paying their developers more. It’s obvious the people in charge have no business being in charge. The last 4 expansions have proven they’re not right for the job

7 Likes

Honestly? I would need to see them make the “better” content first before I agreed to pay a bigger subscription fee.

7 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the sub price the same as it was when WoW was release 17 years ago?

If that’s true then the subscription price has actually gone down (due to inflation.)

1 Like

Honestly this game sub price Adjusted for inflation should be 20.46…its a steal at 14.99

This game is already too expensive for what you get as it is, and I don’t think Blizzard is capable of making major improvements to the game to warrant a price increase. At least, as long as Ion is game director…

8 Likes

I seriously doubt sub price stayed the same for 17 years, (since I only installed this game in the middle of BFA). But for me the hard pill to swallow is buying the base game and paying monthly fee to actually play it. To me that sure feels like xbox live from 2002.

1 Like

If the chefs are garbage, no matter how much money you threw at them, the food will still taste like trash.

Do remember that the original devs already move to other studio/project, the one that stays with WOW are the one that isn’t poach worthy.

11 Likes

If I had any confidence that such an increase in revenue would result in actual investment to improve the product and customer experience, sure.

Do I have any of that confidence…?

4 Likes

Never let a lack of facts stop you from posting an opinion.

Sounds like WoW doesn’t really fit in your budget. Good luck with your next game.

2 Likes

Blizz in the past kept the sub price and removed content (WoD).

Why would I believe they’ll do the inverse?

Real wages have not, so the price can remain stuck in 2004.

4 Likes

Not really, some F2P games can do better and I’m not surprised if this game going that route with all bad expansions, gaslighting to &*&^ off players and pointless changes.

1 Like