What I learned from WPvPing with Streamers

I’ve been doing my fair share of ganking arena streamers lately and a few things seem to remain consistent across every kill.

1. Streamers claim to not care about WPvP. Makes sense; for most players outside of the small WPvP community, it is in fact trivial content.
  2. Despite previous claim, they get VERY butthurt when I or somebody else kills them in warmode, often resorting to…
  3. Calling me a cheater, exploiter, and automatically making assumptions about my ability to 1v1 without cheese - all because I didn’t exclusively stick to what’s usable in arena!!
  4. They are narrow-minded, in the sense that they see what makes a good WPvPer - using as much as possible to your advantage - as a cheater/exploiter.

To be fair, these kinds of reactions do make it quite a bit more entertaining than ganking someone who just shrugs it off and won’t even attack you back. But nevertheless, interesting to see “chill” streamers lose their bananas when they get killed in content they claim trivial.

17 Likes

Right in the feels.

2 Likes

Have you actually owned some streamers 1v1 while they were streaming? I see soulscape lose sometimes but he’s pretty cool about it. Though in most scenarios they set it up so they fight a lot of undergears or whatever.

I am sure some though do whatever possible to save face and blubber nonsense because they are entitled and have some pretty big egos.

Oh well.

4 Likes

Well thing is, he actively streams WPvP content, most streamers don’t stream WPvP content and instead stream arena or RBGs.

Used to watch him often in BfA, but haven’t really in awhile. Cool dude though.

2 Likes

If I see them getting jumped by multiple alliance I almost never hop in, not really my style. That being said I’ve 1v1d Mud a few times - was leaving him alone until he BM’d my friend on stream and then killed my fishing alt - and actually 1vX’d Xaryu and a few of his viewers several times.

In all honestly it would make more sense for the streamer to get frustrated over content that they ACTUALLY stream.

Arena streamers who get butthurt over getting ganked in WM

1 Like

with the burst and whack-a-mole pvp now killing anyone is not a big deal

Soulscape sucks, particularly his Hunter action. Any criticism on how he can improve his Hunter play(or Druid play too) and it’s a ban, as long as a few hours or even a week. The dude has thin skin, which won’t rate in the Hunter buiz.

The dirty little secret about his WPvP play is that he waits until he has the best gear possible from PvE. He’s a raider first, a phumper second, and a ganker last. Most importantly, I don’t think he has the heart for it. If you really want to get into WPvP, you got to put everything else second to it. He won’t jump that high, but I know those who do…

Imagine gate keeping wpvp

He certainly has tried.

Any vids? Would love to see the action

Wpvp is dead, sorry nobody has told you.

I don’t know why more and more people are not attacking cities. I’m not talking about lagfesting raids but Arena-style coordinated pairs and groups shutting down AH’s and motivating the other faction to do something about it. I’m doing my best to keep the dream alive, and I seem to have reaped some fruit: more and more people are coordinating their defenses against me. So it just takes much more motivation. INCENTIVE.

And there’s one particular faction that needs it way more than the other…

The only streamer I ever dueled was Hansol back in MoP, I won one and he won one. Fun experience.

I think Venruki is the only streamer I have killed that didn’t rage, but instead actually would say good fight.

1 Like

They just don’t like people making them look bad.
Ever notice in their edited videos they only show the matches that they win?
Lol

2 Likes

Well, they do want viewers so to a certain extent why would someone who streams show them losing a lot of the time?

Having said that I have seen soulscape and even Xaryu show matches they lost or whatever.

1 Like

Because they don’t want to be honest about how good or bad they really are. I know for Soullscape, if people give him a hard enough time in open-world you won’t get much of a video. Now if people like your personality enough, performance matters less but that would have less to do with the game. That’s why I’m glad not to be a streamer: I put the focus where I really want it, where it really belongs.

Ironically, Soul does have goat potential for th business. The only person that keeps him a scrub is Soullscape.

You’re 218 ilvl with zero pvp achieves that matter and less than 30k honor kills yet it looks like you constantly talk like you’re amazing. It’s even funnier because I can guarantee Soulscape would embarrass you so bad you wouldn’t show your face on the forums for 2 months at least.

1 Like

(3 days played on this toon) I’m sorry, what were you saying? Something about this toon’s ilvl and cheevos?

Achievements are account wide FYI :slight_smile:
And its also not hard to armory all your other toons, and see they are in the same crappy gear lol.

3 Likes