What I expect in exchange for the Price Hike

The game has not gotten better to justify the price hike, and in my opinion, the game is worse in Australia than it is in the US. We don’t have Oceanic queues, so we have to play BGs, dungeons, and other instanced content at 150-300ms. The 25% warmode Call to Arms bonus is incorrectly given to the Alliance who have a large majority on Oceanic. Additionally, unlike EU and US servers, we do not have any RP servers.
If you want to charge us more, I expect to start receiving at minimum the same level of quality Americans experience, which is something that has never been the case on Oceanic servers since we were lucky enough to get them at the end of MoP.

20 Likes

Mmmm. I think hell has a higher chance of freezing over then Blizzard improving anything for us for $20 but that’s just me.

1 Like

Bornakk is the “Community Development” Manager at Blizzard. Lets analyse what Community Development should mean;

"The United Nations defines community development as “a process where community members come together to take collective action and generate solutions to common problems.”

So yeah, Oceanic has problems, but instead of solutions and answers to day/night cycles, queues, latency woes, and sharding; we get a price hike. We don’t have our concerns addressed in a fair forum online, and we don’t have any representation in the broader community that we once had.

Honestly, putting this price hike at this point in time is something that will force some of us to leave, and some of us will still pay it for the pure enjoyment of the game and our communities; but we should collectively approach the ACCC and see if there’s anything that we can do about the price hike when the quality of the service doesn’t increase with that.

If we are to pay the extra, there needs to be an excuse more than currency balancing; in a business sense it’s nonsensical when your rival companies offer competitive pricing for similar or more content in their own Intellectual Properties. Look at what subscription services offer in the broader scheme of things; Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is probably one of the best examples of a low cost and successful model.

We want improvements and improvements if we are going to have a price hike. We want more input into our servers, we want more input into our game and our communities. We are community development, it’s our job to tell you what we think will improve the quality of the service, increase the enjoyment of the game, and offer a greater benefit to our peers and community.

4 Likes

While I agree that there’s issues that blizz need to address for us, the ACCC in this case won’t do anything because blizz have not broken any of their rules. They have told everyone of the hike with time to cancel their subs before it takes effect and they are entitled to charge whatever they want.

1 Like

Vote with your wallets. If you don’t feel $20 a month is worth the product, don’t buy it. Use that money to get 3-4 subs to streaming services, or just buy a new AAA game every few months.

1 Like

Not for the price hike, but for the routine ignoring of issues for oceanic players, you might be able to get a case past the first hurdle.

Again this is extremely unlikely, they offer you an out at any time for any reason. This would be like taking a magazine to the ACCC because they wouldn’t change the colour of the front page. The day night cycle, while an irritant and in some cases an inconvenience, is not a game breaking.

Kiwis have been paying more than $20 a month for WoW for a LONG freakin time… Welcome to a more even playing field. All they did was a currency adjustment so your paying close to what everyone else is.

1 Like

I’m tired of playing WoW in garbage ms, where is our OCE RP server?

If Kiwis were paying so much for years, why were you playing the game?

What I expect is some sign of intelligent life from Blizzard. What kind of idiots put a quest as part of the assault that is impossible for a person to solo unless they have great gear, are a plate wearer with good healing, or a toon with great dps. Total utter stupidity. I can’t remember the quest names but it is the one in the current assault to resurrect 4 lost souls. If this is what I can expect in future that future after 16 years playing WoW is counted in hours. I don’t care if you ban me I have no respect for idiots which is what you are. No wonder people are leaving in droves. You bunch of total losers. (That’s Blizzard not you players)

the cost of the game went up? I just bought a 6 month sub for like 12 bucks a month