What headset to buy?

My headset broke, and was just wondering, what headset would you buy on Amazon that is both reasonably priced and high-end? (Can spend up to about $125.)

Honestly I broke my very expensive skull candies one day and I was in a rush to get a new pair and grabbed a pair of plantronics rig 400hx headphones and they were like 40-50 bucks if I remember right from best buy. Bang for my buck honestly has everything I need and easily replaced, but you can get a higher grade if you so wish but if you don’t mind the cost effective options that’s what I use personally

2 Likes

I picked up the Corsair HS70 SE set last year.
Very comfortable.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Color/HS70-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/p/CA-9011178-NA
https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-HS70-Wireless-Certified-Headphones/dp/B07BR3RWBP/

2 Likes

Please post links. :grinning:

Edit: Didn’t realize can’t post links…

I love love love the hyperx cloud pro headset, but they do t last :frowning: so comfortable, sounds great, awesome noise cancelation… but the cord keeps shorting out, I think at the control thing. I’ve gone through 3 in ~3 years.

So I bought a steel series arctis 5 and I hate it. It has sound/mute controls built In to the left earpiece and every time I reach up to adjust it I either turn the sound down or mute myself.

Best one I bought was from radio shack. Too bad they mostly gone. Going on 6 years. Only paid 30 for them. Built in equalizer an noise reduction. Should of bought two now.

Ya I think it’s trust restricted unsure

I’m looking at the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone. What do you guys think about that one? Has mostly good reviews.

Santa brought me the Razer Kraken Pro V2 in Rose Gold for Winter Veil. He charged it to my credit card though.

I think it was roughly around that price point and it’s sooo comfy on the ears and head plus the sound is amazing and it’s good at blocking out ambient sounds. (like when 2 of the 4 cats are fighting)

I also like how I can pull the adapter plug out and use it as headphones too. One quiet plane ride incoming. :smile:

I’m also looking at Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum – Wireless RGB 7.1 Dolby and DTS Headphone Surround Sound Gaming Headset.

Edit: Bad reviews.

I’ve used many different kinds. I really like logitech G933. Works both wired and wireless. Great mic, great sound, very comfortable. Not that expensive. You will love them. They also have programmable led’s if you are into that

1 Like

I prefer Plantronics headsets as well. I’ve never had an issue with mine and I’ve had it since 2013.

Edit: You wanted links… This is the one I purchased but it isn’t available. I’m sure you could find something newer/similar in their current offerings.

1 Like

How did you post a link?

I have trust level 3 so I can post links… If you don’t have trust level 3 you can get around that by putting a tilde before and after the URL so you get something like this (Tilde is left of the number 1 on your keyboard)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KURYAS/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry. But how do I raise my trust level?

I have these. Honestly they aren’t that comfortable on your head. I have a logitech mouse so thought it would be good to only have to run one peripheral software instead of mix and matching. Edit to add that these do have great sound though.

My wife bought her a razer kraken since she has razer everything else and my goodness they feel like air on your head they are so comfortable. My only problem with razer is that I hate their software.

I love my hyperx cloud stingers. They impress me regularly with the quality you get for 50 bucks.

You can read on the different trust levels in this sticky at the top of the forums. It lists the different trust levels etc.

However the specifics of trust level 3 are:

Logitech G933. Had mine for over a year now. Comfortable, wireless, decent battery life, good sound. They get great reviews too

CORSAIR Void PRO RGB

Fantastic wireless headset. Sounds good, wireless works great but you can be wired if you want to, and also very comfy.