What has happened to my Queen?

We were cast aside by our Prince. Betrayed. We marched in an army, but walked alone. Until She came. She showed us freedom was always an option. To never kneel to tyranny. That there was always a fighting chance.

We fought and died for the Sin’dorei. To save them from the horrible fate they were dealt. To fight back the Scourge, the Withered, and the Alliance. We convinced Thrall to allow them entry into the Horde. To show them that no matter your past…your future lies in the Horde.

We invaded Northrend separate from the Horde. They went west…we went east. The Hand of Vengeance was more than enough for the Vrykul and Scourge forces. We even had Deathstalkers to spare for the Horde in the Borean Tundra. There were traitors among us, traitors that had almost damned everything we have worked towards. But in the end…Her plans worked. The Lich King came tumbling down. Our vengeance…finally sated. And we had a Queen who would rather die than continue this curse. Until She saw our fate…and She knew She must protect us. For we are Forsaken. And we are Her people.

New corpses had to be raised. She said they did. I…I knew it was the right thing to do. We could not win wars without fresh recruits. The blight was built to destroy the Lich King. But we still used it. We had to. They had the numbers. The support of the Alliance. We had drunken Orcs…we had no choice. She told us…

She rallied us once again to the cause of freedom. To overthrow a tyrant. To stop Hellscream. To take back OUR CITY. With renewed faith we marched. Marched for our Queen. Marched for Lordaeron.

We led the charge against the Legion. Alongside our most hated enemies. Our Queen commanded it, and we knew it to be right. If She had ordered a retreat…we knew it to be dire. She was intelligent. Tactical. Practical. She would make a good Warchief. We know less and less of Her plans every day…

Our city…my…my city…gone. Not conquered. Gone. If we had just let them take it…we could…we could have mounted a counter attack. Take it back from them. With Silvermoon’s support…no…She…She ordered it to be done. And so it had to be done. Casualty of war. If any were to lose a city, it should be the dead. The dead who have no place in this future. She was right to do this. She…She was…

They were good to us. They wanted to find a cure for us. They wanted to help us. THEY ARE THE REASON. WE ARE IN. THE. HORDE. They have strong minds. Strong hearts. They know right from wrong. They did not stand when we made the blight. They did not stand when we used it against our enemies. They did not stand when we raised Alliance corpses. So when the Tauren stood against the Queen’s machinations on Zandalar…perhaps…perhaps we should have listened.

I have done…unspeakable evils…in the name of Lordaeron. In the name of my Queen. All in the hope that some day…some day it may all pay off. Some day I may have my home that I once had. A family that I once had. A Kingdom that I once had. She promised us that. She promised. And what do we have to show for it? A RUINED KINGDOM. RUINED. GONE. WIPED OFF THE MAP.

WE. HAVE GIVEN. EVERYTHING. AND WHAT HAVE WE RECEIVED?! NOTHING! What…what has happened to my Queen? What…what has happened…to me?

(These are the IC musings of Cole…and represent perhaps his final chapter. A chapter where finally…after everything he has done…he can no longer blindly follow. Thank you all for reading. Victory…Victory for Lordaeron.)

59 Likes

Curse you for making me miss the Forsaken! Sniffle
Beautifully written.

5 Likes

I don’t know man, let’s end her.

1 Like

You’ve pretty much spoken Sarestha’s mind :open_mouth: She’s blindly followed Sylvanas for years, having a real Messiah complex with Sylvanas at the centre. The saviour of free-willed undead. The one who gives a second chance to all who have had the misfortune to die. The one who led her people to the death of the evil Lich King, and the restoration of their Kingdom! Sylvanas, the hero of Lordaeron, has become all that she once fought against.

Sarestha takes this betrayal very personally, and will fight once again… to restore Lordaeron.

Only this time, there’s another treacherous monarch to overthrow. The city is gone. The future is uncertain. But perhaps the spirit of Lordaeron at least can be saved.

7 Likes

I love this. <3 Thank you for letting us get in his head a little.

3 Likes

Well, uh. I want to make a Forsaken now. Seriously, this is fantastic writing.

13 Likes

This is very well written, I enjoy it very much. Even though these are your character’s inner thoughts and feeling, I think you posted this because you know many players have characters who also have similar musings, but who also don’t know exactly how to put it into words as artfully as you have, myself included. So, thank you for presenting something from which others might benefit from.

Now, I wonder if you have already created a resolve for this character? I know you say “He can no longer blindly follow”, but does he know what exactly he is going to do with his new found sight?

4 Likes

Big mood.

You’re not alone, brother.

5 Likes

"We led the charge against the Legion. Alongside our most hated enemies. Our Queen commanded it, and we knew it to be right. If She had ordered a retreat…we knew it to be dire. She was intelligent. Tactical. Practical. She would make a good Warchief. We know less and less of Her plans every day…

What has happened to my Queen?"

Here. Right here. You fought alongside your most hated enemies, and they turned on you. They attacked you in Stormheim for the death of their king. They blamed your Queen for it, and she respected him enough to fight at his side, and even save him for as long as she could, and was spat on for it. Your Queen sees now, that the Alliance will never leave her or her people in peace. She sees that she needs to cut them down for the chance to give you everything she has promised.

Nothing has happened to your Queen.

I ask you now, what has happened to my Horde?

I have lived through evey war, seen my people do their worst on this planet. We are not to be pushed around easily, or we will conquer any who try and take what is ours.

What has happened to my Horde?

The Horde lives a new life, though there are those in this world that seek to end it for all of us beneath it’s banner. Dead or Alive. We were not given the chance to live peacefully, and when the Alliance spit in our Warchiefs face, and your Queen steps up for the Horde and spits back, we all go soft and question her. We cannot be soft now, or we all will die. Lok’tar Ogar. Victory or Death. Slay them all.

What has happened to my Horde?

9 Likes

One too many snorts of the Blight, if ya ask me…which ya didn’t.

Great taste in gear though…that stuff she been dishin’ out in Darkshore makes even ME look dangerous.

I think the Queen because the Prince, myself.

What a great read. It really tugs on your heartstrings and shows how a lot of Forsaken must be feeling right now. I love how it’s briefly touched on the history with these people. I seriously hope they’re done justice in the future.

5 Likes

Victory for Lordaeron! Long may her people (un)live!

This brings me back to the good old days when I could say the Forsaken were “the good guys”

3 Likes

Nothing has happened to your Queen. She’s ALWAYS been like this.

1 Like

Oh WELL written, thank you!

3 Likes

This is an IC musing, I’m pretty sure it’s rhetorical🤫

2 Likes

“Your Queen is making a great sacrifice for lasting peace and tranquility for the Horde. That is what happen to your Queen. Were all making sacrifices. I would like nothing more but fight the Alliance for all of eternity just to satisfy my insatiable appetite for pain and misery, and I’m giving all that up for a better future not just for the sin’dorei but for the Horde.”

“And I will help burn a thousand Teldrassil for our Mistress to archive our goals. Lordearon is tainted with blight but not gone for good. It was a necessary tactical sacrifice to deal as much Alliance casualties as possible. Once the Alliance insects lay beneath our heel and if you still feel bad about it, you’ll have all the time in the world to ponder about it.”

3 Likes

"Apologists once said the same of Elisande and her choices. Need you be reminded how it turned out for them? "

1 Like

Some of these responses make me feel like we’re reading two different threads.

10 Likes

I cried a bit. Thank you for sharing this.

5 Likes