What happens when you die when it comes to transfers?

What realms are available? Is it pvp or pve?

I haven’t tried it yet, but if I wanted to test this out, I would create a character, die, and see!

2 Likes

Thank you and i mean that for real. A actual good answer from the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on my phone right now. Otherwise, I’d test it out and report back.

You can transfer to both pve and pvp which is cool

1 Like

All of them from what it looks like, but make sure of the choice, because it’s a one way ticket off the HC train.

:steam_locomotive:

1 Like

Maybe you’ve grown too attached to life. Maybe your character had an unlucky encounter with Lord Kazzak after you made a wrong turn at the Blasted Lands. Maybe you just miscalculated how high that jump was. Or perhaps your character hasn’t died at all, but you’ve decided that you’re looking for a more relaxed experience. No matter the reason, if you want to keep playing your recently departed character or make sure your currently living character doesn’t face a sudden mishap, you can utilize the Free Character Move service and move any character to a non-Hardcore Classic Era realm. To learn more about how to start a Free Character Move, refer to this support article.

Once the move is complete, the hero may resurrect as normal at the closest Spirit Healer, but the way back to a Hardcore realm will be closed to them permanently.

3 Likes

Ty for the reply :slight_smile:

I died and quit the game right after out of frustration. but when i logged back on my dead character i was already a ghost and it didnt give me an option to transfer to a non hardcore server? how do i fix this issue?

Character selection screen go to store an free transfer should be there to all normal classic realms

1 Like

The support article linked in Nethaera’s post explains:

…if free migrations are currently open or available for your realm, you can start a free transfer by opening the in-game Shop on the character selection screen. If the Shop button is missing, it means your account is restricted by Parental Controls.

Once in the Shop:

1. Open the in-game Shop on the character selection screen
  2. Select the Free Character Transfer service option and click Buy Now
  3. Select the realm you are transferring FROM
  4. Select the character you want to move off your realm. An estimate for how long the transfer might take will show up
  5. Tick the Transfer Realm check box
  6. Select the realm you want to transfer TO. The choice will be limited
  7. Click Continue. If the button is not available, it means you didn’t fill up all the fields

The Character Migration window will instantly close without any message. However, your transfer is in progress.

You cannot log in to your character until the transfer has completed and you cannot cancel a transfer in progress. Customer Support cannot cancel a transfer or speed up the transfer process. Character transfers are final and irreversible.

Once your transfer completes, you will not receive a notification, but you will find your character if you log in to your new realm. If you cannot see your character on the new realm, create a level 1 to refresh your character selection screen.