What happens to ‘old school ride’ after faction transfer?

I have a 60 mount from 1.0 ‘horn of the red wolf’. It is pretty sweet and I want to protect it.

What happens to it if I transfer this horde toon to alliance? Or even horde -> alliance -> horde someday in, say, a year.

I believe your Horde toons still have access to you Red Wolf and your Alliance toons will have access to… one of the horses. I’m not sure which.

Just make an Alliance toon and see if you have the Palamino or White Stallion.

That would be Horse #12.

4 Likes

But what if I want it to be Horse #35?

2 Likes

Hoho, we don’t talk about Horse #35 around here, not around these parts.

4 Likes

You get to keep it! I had a Red Wolf also, it converts to “Palomino” on the alliance side (you have both so you wont lose it).
Edit: Do you mean you have the unlearned Horn of the Red wolf item itself? Hmm if that’s the case im not too sure. Maybe try a “transfer” on the PTR and see what happens? Or at the very least ask a GM, I bet they could tell you.

At least in the past, if you had the item, you could race change / faction change to try and convert a Red wolf into like a Mottled Raptor etc. No idea if thats a thing still though.

Horse #12 A. not to be mistaken for horse #12 C, as it resembles Horse #7 D. but shares similarities with Horse #14 F.

1 Like