What happens if you faction change now?

What will happen to the assault quests, cape and all? Does it all have to be redone?

We saw folks who faction changed shortly after the patch, but after they had either started or completed their cloak quests, need to do it again. Unfortunately, they were getting stuck because the assaults couldn’t be completed again until they reset.

From what I’ve been able to find the issue should be resolved so folks shouldn’t get stuck, but I am not sure if they have to redo the quests or not. I can ask when I get in tomorrow when folks are here to ask and I’ll update this thread if you want.

2 Likes

Yes please. It is my only hesitation at the moment. About bugs and redoing it

The issue is not fixed, I’m stuck on the Uldum assault and the bar is not coming up. am i just going to lose a day of progress?

Yeah not fixed yet :frowning: I’m not stuck for the next week at least :sob:

1 Like

Just posting to say… I haven’t forgotten about this. I submit my questions to those who should know or can get me the answers. I’m just waiting on their response. :slight_smile:

Update:

There was an issue that was recently hotfixed, so this is how it is currently supposed to work.

If you have already completed the Cloak quest, you shouldn’t need to do everything again on your new faction.

I don’t believe this retroactively resolves any issues for those who faction changed prior to the hotfix so if you have an issue, please submit a ticket so our staff can take a look.

Any new cases, we’ll want to have bug reports on those so they can be looked into.

1 Like

My ticket has been open for almost 2 days. Still waiting for help in game. Meanwhile on another thread an MVP is telling me a ticket in game wont help. lol

I believe that was because you claimed Live Chat couldn’t help in your situation. Perl simply didn’t know that the Game Master wasn’t able to assist through live chat but instead recommended waiting for your web ticket, which is how those issues are being worked on.

2 Likes

Submitting a ticket doesn’t help when it goes from estimated reply from 6 hours to 4 days and I opened the ticket on wednesday. So I have a feeling that it’s gonna be better just to wait til reset and do the questline again than not be answered before then.

Just so you understand, the estimate is based on the longest/oldest ticket in queue, not the time on your own ticket. You’re not looking at a countdown until your ticket is answered. You’re seeing how long a ticket would take to get answered if it was put in right now.

2 Likes

So the fact that its been almost 3 days without an answer is supposed to make me feel good inside because of an issue they didn’t think of even though they put out a sale on faction and race changes and knew people would use them but didn’t realize that it would screw up everything by not being able to progress. So now I’m just cancelling my ticket and waiting til reset since I’m already behind and gonna spend all of tuesday catching up.

I’m sorry to hear that, Alanna. From what I could see it’s been 2 days 3 hours, which is actually unusually long. The current queue time would have had your ticket being addressed within the hour.

Sorry for the frustration this may have caused.

Edit: Actually, looking at the time frame it looks like you canceled this ticket about 12 hours and 10 minutes after you created it. :frowning:

1 Like

Which is weird cause I didn’t cancel it til an hour ago.

But now I’m not stuck anymore cause it didnt have me do the vale assualt again.

1 Like

That is very odd indeed and explains why you didn’t get a response since queue times are sitting at a day to a day and a half.

1 Like

That was hotfixed about a day ago so it may be allowing you to move beyond it.

1 Like

Yeah but i still had to wait for the uldum assault to reset but after that let me go through. but now i have to kill 4 rares in vale which was also said to have been hotfixed to only require 3.

Alannacooper, how did you continue on the visions quest? I have a corrupted core in my inventory that I cannot use or destroy so I cannot continue the quest for rank 6 cloak.

I believe this issue happens if you’ve never been alliance before, therefore you’ve never unlocked the alliance version of Nazjatar (the recruitment to start the questline for visions)… if the hotfix the team applied didn’t account for this, the problem will still be there. I experienced this problem on my warrior and it was quite troublesome.

I suggest you wait until Tuesday to faction change just be safe, as both the assaults will be up for you to complete on reset.

1 Like