What happened to the Huntard population?

Not long ago, references to Huntards were quite common.
Nowadays, it seems to me to be a fading term, not often used, perhaps even dropping out of the common vocabulary.
If i’m correct about this, then there must be reasons its so.
What could these reasons be? :thinking:

1 Like

Wait, you’re complaining that you don’t hear rude terms being thrown around for no reason?

It probably just didn’t stick.

Besides, you need to do something noticeable for other people to care and then curse at you. The common joke was that Hunters would pull everything with Barrage. But Barrage got nerfed and people stopped using it.

4 Likes

I was called a Huntard yesterday.

I was doing an M17 and the tank wanted me to kite something away from a portal. I’ve done the dungeon before, but never that route so I couldn’t figure out where I was supposed to kite them. There were mobs in all directions. I still don’t know.

“Huntards, am I right?”

First time in years I’ve been called that.

1 Like

This is definitely a Huntarded topic.

2 Likes

The Troll + 2 Direhorns in mid Atal’dazar? That’s the only pack I’ve ever had anybody ask me to pull away from an ob. Should have the bridge leading to Yazma’s room clear to kite them away.

1 Like

They added demon Hunter’s :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

No. He wanted me the people at the gate for Vol’kaal. When I tank that, I usually drop the portal in the green area behind the Blob then take the blob into Vol’kaal. He went straight into Vol’kaal and wanted me to kite the people at the gate after we killed the boss.

Now that I think about it, I could have kited them back into the Vol’kaal area, but that would have left me unable to help kill the mobs at the Blob portal.

So yeah. I still don’t know what he wanted.

This guy nailed it.

5 Likes

The class is not as popular anymore. That used to make people jelly.

1 Like

The very first raid I did it was lfr, somebody said “huntard” I thought wow that was rude

The very last class I leveled to max level was a hunter strictly because of their reputation

No, and no. I’m not complaining, not for any reason. What I did was share an observation, and asked a question.

Huntards would usually do something noticeably bad,often in a group setting.
Good, bad, noticeable is noticeable.

1 Like

I’m sure the huntard insults will begin again once blizz deactivates corruptions and azerite gear, but for now at least 1 hunter spec is doing well enough to shut people up.

people still use the term, but only for survival hunters

4 Likes

I think that the people who used to say that finally rolled a Hunter and stopped once they realized how interesting/complicated it can be.

Plus, Havoc DHs are getting a lot of heat now (mostly because they can do so much damage and have a very forgiving rotation).

-Some People abandoned the hunter class.
-Lone Wolf took away pet management for bad pet manager huntards.
-Some people got better, and stopped being huntards.

3 Likes

i’m guessing most people ditched hunters due to bm being too simple, mm being a poorly designed spec, and survival being out right deleted.

9 Likes

-Less people playing hunter at all (used to be 16% of player population, most played class)
-Melee Something Something and MM feels bad or clunky to play, depending on talents
-They removed aura of daziness and set “autocast pet taunt” off as default at instanced content
-Now more classes could help with soak / absorb mechanics (class homogenization)

1 Like

Could be because it’s close enough to the r word it could be considered a masked obscenity.

i’m not against changing cheetah into a sprint effect but 3 minutes is WAY too long for a 12 second sprint.

7 Likes