What happened to Tharbek?

Did he die? I heard last of him in the tides of darkness novel. He was the second in command for Doomhammer. He participated in the battle of Blackrock Spire. If he was thrown in the camps we would have met him again right?

They retconned that Varok was actually second in command in the Chronicles, so in main-line lore, it’s unclear what his role is. I would assume he died at Blackrock Spire or potentially helped the Blackrock clan after the war, much like his alternate universe counter-part.

2 Likes

That is sad to hear. I liked his short appearence. That was the last badass moment of the Orcs before Thrall ruined them.

1 Like

I just assumed that Tharbek died during the Battle of Blackrock Spire, but then I also thought that Tagar had fought and died during the battle against Admiral Proudmoore, until he was involved in the Baine quest chain.

So however how low, there is a chance that Tharbek could return to the story. Though the manner of which would be unclear. Like he could show up as a member of the Blackrock clan within the Horde or be the leader of a hostile group of Blackrock orcs that are not apart of the Horde.

3 Likes

I rather trust him then Eitrigg. He is actually willing to fight the alliance.

Perhaps Tharbek is still out there such as laying low in Zul’Dare from the second war? :thinking:

1 Like

The wiki creators just assume he died during the final battle.

A good possibility he perished-- or retconned away.

Maybe it would be cool if he returned leading the Black Tooth Grin Clan to challenge Turalyon and oppose Eitrigg?

1 Like