What happened to humanity?

Because of us getting to delve more into old gods. We’ve seen Bolvar, they haven’t. We got to see what happened to Voljin, about the entity that called Sylvanas warchief, and that some entity brought him back. They didn’t get to be aware of that.
With the next stuff being about Nzoth and some DK stuff revealed, they had potential with Taelia that they have held off til 8.3, I just feel like Alliance story leveling up and with Jaina didn’t put them where we the Horde are in terms of story being relevant to the expansion. Old Gods and Death.

One story line focusing on one character doesn’t mean its a great story. It means its snippets here and there. I played both sides, I was able to see that clearly that the Alliance story sorely lacked.

Edit: Also the whole Uldir quest line, they just get told to go there. There is no story for them. We got to delve into the titans and Uldir and such while questing. I really hope they go further into Thros next expansion or even next patch, but I’m doubting it.

the alliance quests aren’t fun but the horde ones are, imo. that’s the only disparity i’ve seen. i don’t think i’ve even completely finished one of the alliance zones but i’ve done nazmir like 10 times. lol.

Well yes, I keep puttering out after Nazmir on alts. Nazmir was very fun lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

i like nazmir best then voldun. :slight_smile: that’s where my priest dinged 120.

what class are you maining right now?

Nazmir is best (Horde) zone, imho.

2 Likes

Humanity has always been garbage. We now just got a massive media platform to behave as we really are. Selfish, ingrateful, despressed morons who’s transition to the internet age bore more insecurity and demands for immediate reward with no work.

My main is my Horde shaman cause its who I have the highest necklace on. But I’m leveling up my human priest, as well as my undead rogue.
I had leveled my Alliance toons (3 of them apparently, lol) to 120 before my buddy said hey the gang came back, so I came back to Muradin :slight_smile:

1 Like

i love shaman! i have two at 120. :slight_smile: my highest neck is my ally pally i’m pretty sure. but i’m main switching to my priest but emissaries haven’t been that great lately and i’m sure as heck not going mythic dungeons to gear. XD

I haven’t seen Jaina once on any of my Horde and probably won’t unless I get bored and LFR.

On the other hand, on my Alliance, I’ve seen plenty of Saurfang, Sylvanas, and Nathanos. FYI, Jaina was imprisoned for the first third of the expansion. We had to complete majority of the war campaign to get her out.

Just seems odd that you would cite being a raid boss as constituting “entirely alliance story.” Both sides had a war campaign story. Horde’s was a lot better, imo. Alliance’s had large chunks of listening to conversations on politics, figuring out where Jaina has been jailed, and factions forming in Kul Tiras, not nearly as exciting as a famous Troll king beseeched on all sides, trying to find aid within the Horde while the Horde tackles yet another insurrection against their warchief.

Btw, Horde got a cinematic with two iconic characters battling…while our High King stood back, pouted, and watched alongside a Horde army with not one other member of the Alliance, not even the king’s guard, present.

FYI: not sure why it responded to Moiraine instead of Dekkar, the person quoted lol

3 Likes

Where were these humans? Azeroth human history is mostly standard politcal backstabbing, civil wars, and rampant racism against the other races.

2 Likes

i did the horde war campaign first then the alliance one. when i did the alliance on i literally undid everything i had just done. alliance are allowed to complain about a lot of things, but the war campaign isn’t one of those things. o/

1 Like

It’s actually really simple. Ever since the humans got orc’d at, they’ve a made a concerted effort to not do what the orcs did. The orcs are warmongering, conniving, backstabbing, scum, so the humans have tried to be all the more honorable, righteous, and peaceful just to spite them.

Orc and human players aren’t tired of killing each other. It’s about identity, not Azerite or whatever unobtainium the current xpac is throwing at us. We don’t care about Sylvanas’s struggle to defeat Death because the spirit healer will rez us unto infinity. The story should line up to gameplay better.

Two factions fighting against each other while the world around them is crumbling makes so much sense.

No, that was the nation of Alterac and Lord Perenolde.

Alterac, being sandwiched between Lordaeron and Stromgarde historically had always had fears of being eaten by either as the inevitable conflict between the two Kingdoms would result in them fighting on their doorstep.

Perenolde saw the opportunity to destroy both, and allow Alterac to fill the gap by negotiating with Doomhammer and allowing the Horde passage through Alterac to the heart of Lordaeron.

This betrayal was discovered by Uther Lightbringer, and then Lothar’s forces besieged and destroyed Alterac, killing Perenolde and wiping the nation out before marching to relieve Lordaeron with Turalyon’s army group.

Stromgarde has actually stayed pretty loyal/steadfast in their Alliance with Lordaeron, taking in refugees from the third War, helping with the cost burden of rebuilding Stormwind (a former vassal kingdom of theirs anyway) and helping to house internment camps.

It was due to the machinations of the Black Dragons via Onyxia and Nefarian causing a civil war in Arathy through the Syndicate that caused the ultimate fall of Stromgarde due to the majority of their Army being absent as they fielded the majority of the troops that went though the Dark Portal, and were trapped on Draenor with Turalyon.

Ahh okay, yes the history for me is rather jumbled but I’ve read the novels and thought it was Stromgarde :slight_smile: Good to know I didn’t make THAT King a DK rofl :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the Alliance got comfy where they sat. They thought themselves above others and what they do is justice, now everyone is surprised the younger generation is all about doing good things and not wanting to ever be the bad guys.

Korea, Afghanistan, The Middle East all say hi.

2 Likes

I . . . . . . . . . . . . . just wanted another mount.

Turalyon is the epitome of a mediocre, one-dimensional cardboard cut-out character that needs to be killed off asap.