What happened to humanity?

Seriously, what happened to us? When did we turn into the United Nations Peace Commitee?

We used to have badasses like Arathor, Lothar, Turalyon, Trollbane, Dathrohan, Terenas, Daelin, and (paladin) Arthas with epicness on par with Karl Franz and Sigmar. Leaders who are hell bent on bringing us to victory.

We used to have causes worth fighting for. Causes like The defence of humanity, bringing civilization into the wilderness of Azeroth, fostering friendship with the dwarves, elves, and gnomes.

Now we’re just a bunch of pansies who always cater to the needs of the horde. We’re even willing to sacrifice the Kaldorei just to get an unwarranted peace with the horde. All because the “gentle hearted” king wanted it and Jaina got her family back.

Seriously, what… happened???

16 Likes

That’s not the story they’re looking to tell right now ™

Alliance (by which I mean humans, because none of the rest count) are just NPCs in the current story.

8 Likes

you broke the cycle with the help of traitorfang and baine alliancehoof.

22 Likes

I mean, you can still go kill horde until you blood lust is sated, since WM PvP and PvE are still a thing.

They pretty much explain it as they are tired of the cycles of endless war. I’m sure the 5th War will start up soon and people can come to complain about the same “old race war” again.

5 Likes

Because both factions live on azeroth and both factions realize that they stand a better chance working together against the big threats (old gods, void lords) then each doing their own thing. Also neither side can win in an mmo so the cycle of war->teamup->war-> teamup gets tiring after the 5th time

4 Likes

I’m going to guess the… 6… or 7 nearly planet destroying events, that have cost both sides so severely, we really shouldn’t have been at war to begin wtih?

Realistically, neither side should have had the resources, or the manpower for this war. It’s been nothing but cataclysmic events back to back to back, with millions dying each time.

Though, then again, this is a human male paladin thread, demanding for the death of horde… so I’m not going to imagine you actually take anything serious here.

Also War Attrition is a thing, if your constantly at war non-stop, people grow tired of it, people lose focus on why they are even fighting, especially when the fighting does nothing but get people killed, and wastes resources.

There is no victory in this war. Just death. Millions dead for nothing.

War, in and of itself is evil, and I personally believe anyone advocating for war, and who refuse any other option, are evil themselves.

10 Likes

“We are the Orcish Horde, the True Horde! We die, bloody and thrashing on the field of battle, like true orcs should !” - Garrosh Hellscream

2 Likes

You do know that every civilization needs a break from constant war. It is ok, HMP. You can go kill indiscriminately if you want. Just not everyone else wants to right now.

2 Likes

I mean, who wouldn’t be willing to sacrifice them for whatever reason?

Are you guys really so jealous of not having almost all of your iconic lore figures character assassinated just to tell a rehashed dumbed-down plot of something that was already rehashed and dumbed down before, all of which is leading to some wet-fart big bad that nobody seems to care about? Is that really what you’re hoping for?

4 Likes

https://slm-assets3.secondlife.com/assets/10879528/view_large/shoot_to_kill.jpg?1420525112

1 Like

The writers happened. It did not go well. Imagine an eight year old on red-bull dictating a stream of consciousness novel and this is the story you get.

:cookie:

7 Likes

^^^^ This,as I’ve stated before and will state again, most people are burnt out in the red vs blue crap and with the 4th war up and finally gone like a bad rash,this could give Blizzard opportunities to try something new ranging from new enemies,a potential third faction,choices where you wanna go in terms of faction,etc. Breaking a cycle of stagnancy is a GOOD thing.

Also posting in a male human meme thread. [Seriously,why is it always a male human paladin?!]

5 Likes

That isn’t it at all. Look at the move towards World of Peacecraft. Horde is now a small step away from being an Alliance vassal ruled by a pro-Alliance council.

3 Likes

Horde fanfiction happened.

Although it isn’t the fanfiction which Horde players wanted, it’s twisted Horde fanfiction.

3 Likes

Short answer: Rule of Cool + Unsustainable World-building.

Long answer: Rule of Cool leads to ever escalating threats, because of power creep and the need to out-do the horrifying and devastating event leads to an even more horrifying and devastating event.

Combined with poor world-building, (viable population level, what’s that?) muh waifu, and a need to keep 2 factions separate and to prevent either one from truly losing (because money.), you get Azeroth.

A world where the stakes are made up and lost battles and wars don’t matter, because as word of God says: “There will always be enough Orcs.”

The populations of both the Alliance and Horde should be so depleted from the events of Vanilla -> Legion that any War between the factions should be seen by the respective leaders of those factions as suicide. Like, armies numbering in the hundreds levels of depleted.

2 Likes

Times change.

Calm down, cupcake. I didn’t say your story was good.

Who is this “we”? More like the writers-- They keep writing the Alliance as poorly as they Write the Horde.

5 Likes

Varian died and Golden decided that toxic masculinity is bad for leader during war.

4 Likes

Yea. I like the current Thrall compared to the buddha thrall buuut he is still far from the thrall from vanilla till WoTLK. The brave, honorable, strong thrall. I get he is getting older and now has a family but still…