What Happened to all the Elites?

Two days ago I did the quests in Dustwallow Marsh around Onyxia and struggled to duo the Dragonkin Scalebanes. I’m helping out a friend today, and suddenly all the quests are non-elite? Same thing with the dragons around Sunken Temple?

Why did Blizzard reverse these monster values?

5 Likes

I have noticed that a lot of mobs which I remember as being elite are showing up as nonelite. At first I just assumed it was either a 1.12 vs older patches thing or just a faulty memory. However I did some research and it seems the mobs weren’t changed to non-elite until patch 2.3 as per wowwiki . I can’t post the link here, but google is your friend

4 Likes

Noticed this as well near temple. What’s up blizzard?

1 Like

Huh… I was wondering why when they were skinned they were dropping two pieces of leather instead of one…

I don’t remember if they were elite or not, but it seems like they should be.

I’m talking about the dragonkin east of the Temple of Atal’hakkar. I’m assuming they’re Somnus’s cronies so they probably should be elite…

Seems like another case showing that Blizzard half-assed this release.

4 Likes

False, sorry.

But keep trying.

I did notice in my quest log that 2 quests in the dragon areas of Dustwallow were marked elite, but no elite enemies were involved at all.

That or they’re shadow nerfing elites because people are not able to do the quests otherwise.

I’ve done many so far. I just ask around until I find enough people. Its usually always worth it since they yield a lot of exp and either a bunch of money or a nice upgrade.

I think at some point in late Vanilla they nerfed a lot of overworld elites into non-elites. The Defias in Moonbrook are the only ones I remember clearly, though as having that happen to them.

Anyone out that way is still ahead of the general curve. to major levelling bubble won’t hit the SoS for another couple weeks. As such, finding groups out there may not be easy.

Yeah, probably not. I’m sure it won’t be impossible as I did find groups a year later in vanilla for elite quests on my 3rd character but it wasn’t as snappy as it was for my first guy.

I was thinking this too OP, I thought some of the elites weren’t changed until BC or early wotlk.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one… I thought I was losing it.

Dang hope they havent nerf the elites, they were part of the challenge, ergo part of the fun.

1 Like

Many of those elite mobs were nerfed to normal types in patch 1.11

those dark iron dwarves in wetlands were still elite this weekend

This should be posted in the bug forum. Other vanilla database websites seem to flag these guys as elite in 1.12 (not wowhead, but I believe they just pull their data from the live game).

This needs to be addressed

2 Likes

I also have noticed this. The Elite dragonkin in swamp aren’t elite. Along with various other mobs.

1 Like

I’m not high enough level to check this myself, but how are the mobs outside ZF in Tanaris appearing? They definitely didn’t become non-elite until 2.3.