What files to keep to save macros and keybinds

Good morning ui and macro forum!
I’m wanting to do a clean re-install of the game, however I’d like to keep my macros as I’m not too thrilled at the idea of manually copy-pasting all of them back in.

I know what text files keep the character specific macros, but where is the character-shared macro file?

Bonus would be to save my keybinds as well, but they’re easier and faster to replicate if not possible. Is there a single text file for these too? Or would they require entire cache folder or something?

I know I could just keep wtf, cache and interface folders in their entirety, but that would defeat my purpose.

Shared macros are stored client side here:

_retai\l_/WTF/Account/<Your Account Identifier>/macros-cache.txt

Character macros are stored client side her:

_retail_/WTF/Account/<Your Account Identifier>/<Server Name>/<Character Name>/macros-cache.txt

In the same two directories are the binding files:

…bindings-cache.wtf

I hope that helps.

10 Likes

Thanks!
Not sure if they have changed anything, but just uninstalled and deleted wow folders then re-installed wow. Logged in and expected to find characters without keybinds etc until I added in that from the old folders I kept as backup, but without doing that all my binds and macros were already there. Not complaining on that, just found it odd. :woman_shrugging:
I kept my old cache, wtf and interface folders renamed with _old at the end on my hdd, and my game is on my sdd.

my character bindings-cache.wtf is gone, has it changed to server side now or errors in my file.

Server side.

Depends:

There are also settings for storing other settings on the server or not

synchronizeChatFrames
synchronizeConfig
synchronizeMacros
synchronizeSettings

Thanks! That helps.