What expansion is after Dragonflight?

World of Warcraft: We expected you to quit by now

A crossover from DI, we can now spend $50,000 to fully level and gear up

1 Like

I heard it’s going to be based on “Spaceballs: the Search for More Money”.

Seasons of Change
I wonder if the light thread will just be left as a singular string of scenarios., how can it be any dif than legion except yellow.

Undermine is the end of the economy in WoW. Cross server / faction trading, a balanced economy for alL! But it could be apart of dragonland.

World of Warcraft: Battle of General Discussion

4 Likes

No. /10chars

Endgame Expansion…

WoW: Burning Wrath of Misty Warlords

1 Like

11.0 will follow 10.0

World of Warcraft: Azeroths Wake.

Emerald Dream is my best guess. In my heart I want an expansion modeled after some of that Hearthstone lore though.

As far as Azeroth, there’s a handful of niche places they might be able to string together. Problem is there was a lot of content from that they chose to pick at over time so there’s not much left as far as the South Seas go and things like Tel’Abim.

I think the right move for the story though would be taking an expansion off of the world ending threat crap and actually just build the world after Dragonflight. Literally just loredump the whole expansion to set the rules you want to operate within and introduce the characters you want that will be in the story at large. Flesh them out.

Pragmatically, the smartest theme they could have for the expansion would be a storyline focused on the faction unity and any potential dissenters seeking to take things back and cause splinters, on top of the splinter groups that would take advantage of the situation. Like the Scarlet Crusade looking to bolster its ranks and carried forward by some surviving high rank that isn’t a demon, is just a legit fanatic and seizing the opportunity to rebuild the organization and stand on the top. Maybe a splinter of Forsaken who follow another Putress figure. They could set this up and have pretty good narrative things to work with for a considerable while especially with raids.

There is so much value and long term benefit to those kinds of plotlines being woven in gradually as you do the game, that’s why FFXIV’s storytelling beats WoW’s as far as a continuing story goes. It all flows because they set this stuff up in advance and capitalize on it for later but it’s fleshed out over time. WoW has no concept of this and things just happen, then more crap happens, suddenly more random crap. All of it instant, no build up. Just poof, now it’s this way lol. There isn’t just a constant reset button on the cast and story. It’s a story, not a damn sitcom.

People talk bad about that expansion but they don’t remember it was the expansion that gave us rated battlegrounds. In my opinion one of the best features ever. I LOVED RBGs for the longest time. Not crazy about them anymore but…

Plz give us Emerald Dream

Mists of Burning Cataclysmic Warlords of the Shadow Lich in the Dragonlands

2 Likes

We haven’t been to the subterranean Nerubian kingdom yet. We could get an underground expac.

Still also have yet to see Undermine and some South Sea Islands.

The Light and Void still have other worlds to explore.

We can do any amount of time traveling. (Say, re-fight old Wars or protect the timeline.)

And Blizzard can always make up new continents, or do world revamps like Cata.

2 Likes

They can invent new locations whenever, if they game still interests the team to make and they keep making profit it can go for a while yet.

Even on existing land masses they could just say a new fortress or whatever exists, or go under ground again. No way cata covered the entirety of Azeroth under ground.

Then because the whole fantasy magic theme blizzard could just “magic” us to a new dimension of Azeroth or some such …it could go for a while.

The Scarlet Jihad. Although I think Blizzard wouldn’t do this because it might offend 2 people who aren’t even Muslim. Maybe people will get that out of their system with Dune by then though.

1 Like

World of Warcraft: Sargeras was J/K so let him out

Would love to see some sort of expansion that takes place back in revamped classic zones.

???

Who???